Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

Dave Coleman said they are working on it in one of the YouTube videos.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by jhu8 View Post
    Android Auto and Carplay are coming to Mazda. It is just a matter of when, and if it will be delivered to current generations or if it will be only in new cars going forward(when it's released).
    Death is coming to all of us too, it's just a matter of when. The point here is that we have no evidence at all to suggest that Mazda North America will be implementing AA and ACP in the near future (next few years). The Asian market is considerably different than in North America. For example. In Asia they had rear backup sensors a long time ago and we never got that here. What we got just a few years ago was a backup camera, as they did too.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by ALafya View Post
    Dave Coleman said they are working on it in one of the YouTube videos.
    Yes.I do believe that. Manufacturers work on current projects that will not be implemented until many years later. Apple is currently working on the iPhone 11, even iPhone 12.

'15 CX-5 AWD, Touring; '11 Golf TDi, bitte halten Sie den Atem

Quote Originally Posted by blondee_yvr View Post
    Death is coming to all of us too, it's just a matter of when. The point here is that we have no evidence at all to suggest that Mazda North America will be implementing AA and ACP in the near future (next few years). The Asian market is considerably different than in North America. For example. In Asia they had rear backup sensors a long time ago and we never got that here. What we got just a few years ago was a backup camera, as they did too.
    BU sensors were a port-installed option when we bought our 2015. They work but the signal is really annoying. Mine are normally turned off at the rocker switch next to the trunk interior light (left side above the wheel arch in 2015s) but tend to get turned on accidentally when I'm loading the trunk.

US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

'17 CX-5 GT AWD; BMW M4

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
    BU sensors were a port-installed option when we bought our 2015. They work but the signal is really annoying. Mine are normally turned off at the rocker switch next to the trunk interior light (left side above the wheel arch in 2015s) but tend to get turned on accidentally when I'm loading the trunk.
    Sorry to Hijack, I'm just responding to above post. If there's anything that chaps my ass about this car it's the options available to the US market.

What a dumb choice by Mazda NA. I have a 2016 (March Build) and have the same set up. It comes across as an afterthought, and doesn't sound good. It's a 3 party feature with a 3d party sound (not integrated into the audio system). Meanwhile Europe gets the factory installed, (integrated into the entertainment display) PDC (Front AND Rear) as an option.

notice the sensors on the Euro version

vs the US version

which is a MODIFICATION made at the port, only for the rear.

-1989 BMW 528i (euro specs) Green
    -1996 Mazda 626 Red
    -1997 Honda Civic DX Blue
    -1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee White
    -1997 Chrysler Sebring 'vert Champaigne
    -2002 Dodge Neon Silver
    -2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE Silver
    -2008 Toyota Camry Champaigne
    -2009 BMW 328i Space Gray
    -2014 CX-5 Sport, Black (RIP Apr '15)
    *2015 BMW ///M4 Austin Yellow
    -2016 CX-5 Touring, Soul Red, Bose/Tech, PDC (Sold)
    *2017 CX-5 GT Soul Red Premium (Bought and on a boat to Germany)

Registered Member

Mazda 2016 CX-5

Heck, I just wish they'd get Pandora to work.........

Registered Member

16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by blondee_yvr View Post
    There is evidence actually. Head on over to Mazda 3 revolution. Several members have found AA and Carplay code in the firmware. In fact, each consecutive firmware update has been found to contain more and more AA and Carplay code. So yes, there is evidence of Mazda working on those platforms. But yes, we just don't know when it will be coming. But why would there be code if they weren't working on it. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tccox View Post
    Heck, I just wish they'd get Pandora to work.........
    Apparently then new 59 firmware update is fixes the Pandora issue. Haven't been able to get in to the dealer though to update.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Head over to vtec.net and read recent posts in the thread "Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic." Honda has AA and ACP but we might be glad that Mazda is taking a cautious approach. These platforms are great concepts but the reality seems to be (in the words of one of their moderators) "half baked" at this point.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kev View Post
    Head over to vtec.net and read recent posts in the thread "Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic." Honda has AA and ACP but we might be glad that Mazda is taking a cautious approach. These platforms are great concepts but the reality seems to be (in the words of one of their moderators) "half baked" at this point.
    "Half baked" is still better than nothing!

Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic has nothing to do with Honda offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in Civic!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by boandlkramer View Post
    Sorry to Hijack, I'm just responding to above post. If there's anything that chaps my ass about this car it's the options available to the US market.

What a dumb choice by Mazda NA.. I have a 2016 (March Build) and have the same set up. It comes across as an afterthought, and doesn't sound good. It's a 3 party feature with a 3d party sound (not integrated into the audio system). Meanwhile Europe gets the factory installed, (integrated into the entertainment display) PDC (Front AND Rear) as an option.

notice the sensors on the Euro version

vs the US version

which is a MODIFICATION made at the port, only for the rear.

Whoever has a chance to see what amenities Mazda has offered in other regions would be upset like you and me. In addition to integrated front and rear parking sensors you mentioned, Smart City Brake Support Forward and Reverse、i-stop、i-ELOOP、memory driver seat、6-way power passenger seat、Adaptive LED Headlamps、rear fog light、front/rear fog light dash indicators、one-touch up/down power window for all 4 doors with lighted switches、power outside rearview folding mirrors、glove compartment light、entrance courtesy lights、AC "Echo" mode on Automatic Climate Control, etc., all are available only on CX-5's sold outside of North American market!

Registered Member

2016 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Whoever has a chance to see what amenities Mazda has offered in other regions would be upset like you and me. In addition to integrated front and rear parking sensors you mentioned, Smart City Brake Support Forward and Reverse、i-stop、i-ELOOP、memory driver seat、6-way power passenger seat、Adaptive LED Headlamps、rear fog light、front/rear fog light dash indicators、one-touch up/down power window for all 4 doors with lighted switches、power outside rearview folding mirrors、glove compartment light、entrance courtesy lights、AC "Echo" mode on Automatic Climate Control, etc., all are available only on CX-5's sold outside of North American market!
    I agree. I suspect that their business model is to intentionally only offer certain features in their "flag ship" model. In the U.S. For the SUV, that's the CX-9 and in other parts of the world that's the CX-5. I think that's the same reason we see some features in the Mazda 6, as its their flag ship sedan, that's not available on the CX-5 even though the price might be comparable.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ricsta View Post
    I agree. I suspect that their business model is to intentionally only offer certain features in their "flag ship" model. In the U.S. For the SUV, that's the CX-9 and in other parts of the world that's the CX-5. I think that's the same reason we see some features in the Mazda 6, as its their flag ship sedan, that's not available on the CX-5 even though the price might be comparable.
    This may be true for the thinking of Mazda North American Operations - CX-5 is not the "flag-ship" in its CUV lineup hence many features are missing. But Australia has CX-9 and CX-5 and both of them have all the features I mentioned in the previous post. On the other hand, US version new "flag-ship" CX-9 is still lacking most of those features except memory seat and one-touch up/down power windows. Heck, new CX-9 has even "down-graded" driver seat from 8-way to 6-way, removed power folding and memory outside rearview mirrors, and auto tilt-down passenger-side outside rearview mirror.

2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG

Quote Originally Posted by Ricsta View Post
    I alway thought it came down to what Mazda America THOUGHT the American consumer would pay in over all price... If we got ALL the items listed would /could the asking price be up towards the 40k price point instead of the 30k price point. (Grand touring or ''signature series" ) So the marketing personal decided to tell Mazda Japan, well us American could do without out this; that; and the other offered features so we can get the price to a fair market value to sale more units..

just a thought...

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Try actually reading what I referenced. The infotainment system including the problems with the Apple and Android platforms actually did play into the poor rating. Honda's stupid decision to get rid of a physical volume knob didn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    "Half baked" is still better than nothing!

Consumer Reports no longer recommends Honda Civic has nothing to do with Honda offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in Civic!

2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG

To the point of the OP "CarPlay and android auto: yes would like the get it OR just give us live traffic updates within the maps and I would be okay, to 100% satisfied but okay...

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast