Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen a more anti-itself website. LOL Between the CR-V fans and the anti infotainment people....My god. How does Mazda sell any cars?

The infotainment system in my Mazda is miles beyond what I traded in. Christ, I didn't even have BT! I'm loving it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you buy a car without the features you want and then get mad when x feature isn't added? Should have bought what you wanted.

If you buy a car without the features you want and then get mad when x feature isn't added? Should have bought what you wanted.

Agreed! I bought exactly what I wanted and love my Mazda.

I love to have CarPlay, but it's not a showstopper for me.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Motorola has a great app for driving. I've never seen one as good as it. Unlike Bazz, it doesn't have to run in your tray or be manually launched. When your phone connects to your cars BT it just starts. Reads texts and lets you reply with the car mic. Music I just start before I drive and use steering wheel controls to skip. APPLE Car Play, just like every Apple product is too proprietary. Can only use iTunes or Apple Maps. Google is a little better, works with other music apps, but still only Google maps. I have a feeling if I tried Google's I'd use it for a week and go back to what I do now. LOL

Lol. And reality for some folks finally sets in. I recall not too long ago some Mazda fanboys were praising how advanced Mazda's entertainment tech was and how they're not introducing AA or CP because they are ensuring it runs perfectly. :p

And even though both AA and CP have their limitations, the public and market are expecting it in new vehicles. It sounds like Mazda thinks it's Apple where most people will just buy their product regardless if it lacks features compared to the competition. Then again, as I have said many times before. Mazda is always at least several generations behind the industry with their in-car entertainment.

How do you stop your suction mount from dropping? I haven't found any suction mount that don't drop either when the weather gets colder or hot, or just random. For me, I always need touch/use my iphone to have it do things. I don't like BT and chorded isn't much better. Siri just sucks imo.

I can't remember the name of the suction mount - but it has a magic extra sticky layer on it. It's sticky enough it won't come off without me sticking a butter knife under it and working it free. And it somehow doesn't leave a residue. It was highly rated on Amazon at the time.

I'm sorry but this is not the point. The point is 1) live traffic alerts is not what people focus on when they buy a car nor when they test drive it and 2) Mazda mislead its customers when they listed in their brochure a feature that doesn't exist.

I'm sorry but this is not the point. The point is 1) live traffic alerts is not what people focus on when they buy a car nor when they test drive it and 2) Mazda mislead its customers when they listed in their brochure a feature that doesn't exist.
Exactly, and I call it false advertising!

This's a paragraph directly from 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 sales brochure:
COMPLETELY CONNECTED. EFFORTLESSLY ENGAGING.
Equipped with our most technologically advanced cockpit, the CX-5s capabilities reach even further than ever before. With available MAZDA CONNECTTM, our next-generation infotainment1 system, you get a host of social media access, entertainment and information options. All you have to do is pair your smartphone with the CX-5 via Bluetooth wireless connectivity to stream popular social media, music and infotainment apps such as Pandora, AhaTM and StitcherTM. Control the system and view information on the 7-inch full-color touch-screen display. Also enjoy access to standard USB audio input ports and an available factory-integrated navigation system with cutting-edge features such as voice command, real-time traffic alerts and advanced lane guidance. And even with all these options, we still help you keep your eyes on the road. All the functions displayed on your touch screen can also be operated with the multifunction Commander control, conveniently located at your fingertips on the center console.

Don't quote me there. I'm not talking about traffic in my reply.
If you bought a car without Apple Car Play and are now pissed you haven't gotten it yet...

yep very true.

You should see the current generation Honda Pilot. The newest design was just released last year I believe. It's head unit is running android natively.. yet guess what no android auto or apple car play. On their forum there is a thread just like this. People emailing honda etc etc. They were given home with rumors of an update. They had reason to optimistic right? I mean it already runs android natively, it should be easy to implement it. months go by, and then the official press release from Honda .. Android auto and apply car play will NOT be coming to the 2016 Pilot. They claim the issue was something in the hardware.

2017 model gets release, exact same thing pretty much, but whats the new feature.... you guessed it. ANDROID AUTO APPLE CAR PLAY LOL. Man Some of the owners in the forum were crushed. I believe some even traded up. Or it was enough to wait until the latest model even if that was the only few change instead of getting a better price on the 2016.

You can't trust these car manufacturers. It's also not as easy to just change the headunit to an aftermarket one like the old days because everything is integrated and the screens are so proprietary some cars it seems impossible to even update the headunit. So thats why infotainment is more crucial then before. Back then if the stereo sucked no problem its easy to replace. Now thats not the case. I mean look at the 2017 cx5 and 2016-2017 cx9 infotainment. that LCD screen is like the mercedes just there by itself and the controls integrated with the dash. there is NO replacing that even if you wanted to.

So thats why some of us potential buyers like myself make that a big deal. Because some of us will be buying this not leasing, and 30K is an investment for many. So all of these play a factor.

Thats why as ugly as the CRV rims are, rims are easily replaced. Headunits and infotainment systems new cars are not. Same thing with other features, wont be easy to add on. That is why we look at every little thing.

Why part of me is dissapointed at the new cx5 because I expected more and perhaps because I really wanted to go with the new cx5 instead of the new crv but I can't go without having those crucial features I can't easily just add on.

I am bummed due to traffic not being there. I have 4-5 route options and pick one based on traffic. For me there is value in trying Waze. But at this point auto makers have had some pretty serious fkups and Mazda's does not seem severe:
Chrysler phasing out 200, their dealers selling top trim for 14k USD. Think of the loyal owners who paid regular- car is discontinued and resale thrashed.
Nissan with Leaf. Screwed early adopters. New Leaf can be group purchased at 11k mid trim. Dealership least interested in selling. Stories of Nissan dealers blocking chargers by parking gasoline cars in the slots.

Honda with pilot as stated above. Dont even want to go into Jeep transmissions and compliance cars like RAV4 EV.
Pretty much all manufacturers except top luxury have had this.

In The Netherlands, there is traffic information through TMC, which is in my opinion not as accurate.

The paid service delivers traffic info directly from the web, but it is not as precise as for example TomTom live and Google Maps.

Furthermore: I really do hope we get Android Auto, but it was very clear that it wasn't in the Mazda I have bought (bought my Mazda2 in September 2016) and it was also not sure if it ever will come!

Nevertheless, I am soooo happy with my Mazda, which drives great and gives a lot of pleasure driving it!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Doesn't the built in nav have live traffic of some sort? Sorry if I'm mistaken, I just thought I saw it as a feature on their nav systems.

It does in the UK, I can't vouch for anywhere else. My personal experience is that it works perfectly in the overcrowded UK

Doesn't the built in nav have live traffic of some sort? Sorry if I'm mistaken, I just thought I saw it as a feature on their nav systems.

On the application screen there is a HD Radio Live traffic app that sorta gives you real time traffic info. Course the map still does not show the northern part of I485 (Belt Loop) that was completed nearly two years ago. It also only shows traffic data for MAJOR highways. The built in nav shows traffic data but only based on historical data, not real time. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Interesting that the UK has real time Traffic and USA doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back