Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thumbs up Buzzman12!

And further: just completely ignore him and lets go back ontopic!

I really would love to have Android Auto, even if I do like the MZD system. Navigation works fine for me and I really like the rotary commander that much, that I never use the touchscreen!

O am only missing one thing: a decent traffic info system, like TomTom. Traffic information of Google Maps is in my opinion not close to the one in TomTom, but it has pretty accurate info.

The traffic info on the Mazda system through RDS (TMC) is far from accurate. This is not the fault from Mazda, it is always the problem with RDS traffic info.

I have also tested the payed version of Mazdas live services (which is available here in Europe) and this one uses traffic info from Here Maps, if I am right, but this isn't also very accurate and comes not even close to TomTom and Google Maps...

I saw that they solved the Bluetooth problem on the 'hackversion" of Android Auto on the Mazda system, but since mine has been upgraded to firmware 59.00.502, it is almost impossible to install this hack/mod...

I'm sure I've read that in the US the CRV out sells the CX-5, along with the Rav 4.
Wasn't the sales figures around 4th place? (enguard)

Mango, I could use any one of your quotes, but this one will do....the one where you said no-one is giving you a hard time here.

Are you really that dense?
Everyone is giving you a hard time here, mostly because you're a dick.
I've asked you more than once why the hell you are on here, and what you are trying to accomplish here. I'm still waiting for an answer.
You post twice as much on here as you do on your own Honda forum. Why? to what pleasure? To what end?
You are convincing absolutely no-one that Honda is better. In fact, you are doing just the opposite. You are giving Honda a bad name.
In over 300 posts, you have not said a single positive thing about Mazda, or contributed anything worthwhile to this forum, while garishly promoting Honda at every turn.
You are just an irritating little man.
I'm sure you won't take any advice from me, or anyone else, but I'll try asking anyway: Please just go away and hug your CR-V in your own forum.

Ya because the Mazda6 dated, rental car looks is such a stunner. Last I heard dealers couldn't keep them on the lots. Actually I think the opposite is true(lol2)

Doing a Bing search for Mazda design awards brings back 13 million results. Bing search for Honda design awards brings back 2 million results. 1 million of which were Mango posts claiming Honda designs are a work of art. CarPlayed out fakewood trim just kicked in yo!!

2017-Honda-CR-V-interior.jpg

Holy fake air vents Batman!! Please don't let Honda design the Batmobile.

426424d1481090613-civic-hatchback-does-bother-you-2017-honda-civic-hatchback-sport-touring-front-end-04.jpg

IME most of the Japs are incapable of designing a good looking car.

Mazda manage and so do Nissan, but the rest appear clue less.
I had one of the first Honda accords brought into the UK back in the 80's I think, it was at a time when I dumped my Ford Cortina mk4, it was a stunning car 10 years in advance of the Ford. But prone to rusting sub frames.

I would have like another but none of the following models compared.
Same with Toyota, I had a Corina 2 a beautiful class car, traded in a Vauxhall Cavalier for it, but again every car following never had the same impact.

I know, I was trying to find the newest and best looking Accord I could. Best I could do.

How about getting one off the Honda website and not using some photoshopped concept pic? There's plenty of them to choose from.

That's a concept piece, not the actual car.

The 6 is a very good looking car. However, it's not a very good car in my opinion. It lacks in refinement. The most interesting thing for Mazda, to me, was in that 3 HCCI review. They commented that it was quiet which probably has more to do with the frame than anything else. Get that thing quiet, improve the HUD, ignition button placement, pop a bit more MPG/MPH out of it, and suddenly it's a really good vehicle, maybe not even meaningfully underpowered with the right engine in it.

Back on topic, if Mazda already has AA/CarPlay capable vehicles why not just turn it on? Do they fear it will pull sales away from the GT trims or something? It can't be that much to license so why not just do it and stop being stubborn about it.

You're certainly right about it not being a very good car. It wasn't competitive against the previous Camry/Accord, and it sure as hell won't be competitive against the new Accord and the new Camry. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see it dropped from Mazda's lineup. The new Camry is loaded with features and tech, and the new Accord has a new 2.0T and 10-speed transmission along with CarPlay.

Doing a Bing search for Mazda design awards brings back 13 million results. Bing search for Honda design awards brings back 2 million results. 1 million of which were Mango posts claiming Honda designs are a work of art. CarPlayed out fakewood trim just kicked in yo!!

Holy fake air vents Batman!! Please don't let Honda design the Batmobile.

And what have those Mazda design awards gotten them? Under 2% market share since 1992, near the bottom of the industry in customer retention...Meanwhile Honda has grown it's market share, AGAIN, in 2016. Maybe that new SkyActive-X engine will save them? You know that one that Mazda hopes to get 190 HP out of? Looks like they're gunning for CRV performance type numbers, very impressive stuff there and should very much excite the enthusiast Mazda base...by 2027 who knows they might cross the 200 HP mark(lol2)

And funny you mention those fake vents, last time I checked people were paying thousands of dollars over MSRP to get a Type R with 'fake vents'. Remind again which vehicle in Mazda's lineup is supposed to be competing with the Type-R or even Civic SI? Oh wait there is none.

Last edited:
And what have those Mazda design awards gotten them? Under 2% market share since 1992, near the bottom of the industry in customer retention...Meanwhile Honda has grown it's market share, AGAIN, in 2016. Maybe that new SkyActive-X engine will save them? You know that one that Mazda hopes to get 190 HP out of? Looks like they're gunning for CRV performance type numbers, very impressive stuff there and should very much excite the enthusiast Mazda base...by 2027 who knows they might cross the 200 HP mark(lol2)

And funny you mention those fake vents, last time I checked people were paying thousands of dollars over MSRP to get a Type R with 'fake vents'. Remind again which vehicle in Mazda's lineup is supposed to be competing with the Type-R or even Civic SI? Oh wait there is none.

You are so stuck on 2 things. First is market share. So what if they are 2%? Who gives a s***.

Honda has grown it's market share? *Looks at forum title* Who gives a s***? I see 3 CR-V's in a row at a stop light, 2 of which are the same color offending the eyes of everyone around them. What's so cool about that?

Secondly, HP. Why? I mean seriously, why?

You really have to constantly have a Honda and Mazda pissing contest don't you.

Edit:

MangoConChile post count on Mazdas247: 296
MangoConChile post count on CR-V forum: 115

Enough said. Then look at the post history, it's all the same crap over and over again in the same threads.

Let's take bets. Which one hits first? 301 on Mazda, or 120 on CR-V?

Honda still 115
Mazda now 313

Paints a story there doesn't it. ;)

Last edited:
Maybe that new SkyActive-X engine will save them? You know that one that Mazda hopes to get 190 HP out of? Looks like they're gunning for CRV performance type numbers, very impressive stuff there and should very much excite the enthusiast Mazda base...by 2027 who knows they might cross the 200 HP mark(lol2)

That's 190 hp out of the 2.0 155hp models based on a 20% power increase. The 2.5 would put out 224 HP based on 20% increase. 240 hp based on 30% increase. Civic SI is a great car but at 205 HP 1.5l has its limits. No replacement for displacement my mass produced cookie cutter friend.

That's 190 hp out of the 2.0 155hp models based on a 20% power increase. The 2.5 would put out 224 HP based on 20% increase. 240 hp based on 30% increase. Civic SI is a great car but at 205 HP 1.5l has its limits. No replacement for displacement my mass produced cookie cutter friend.

Haha, even better LOL

(locked)What was even the point of posting about the honda accord and now this same 3-4 people are always the root when this happens. Thread locked and next round is infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back