Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

Registered Member

Mazda sedan

Hi,
    I'm a newbie here, i found this topic by chance and really interested in this app and want to install it on my Blackberry. I search on Play Store only see this app:
    http://choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.f...ules.apk#slide (apk for Blackberry)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ebook.kikrules (Play Store)
    Is this app? Thanks./

Registered Member

Mazda cx5 2.5

Nope

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage07 View Post
    Anyone hear of any updates on CarPlay? Sad that every major automaker is adding this to their 2017 models.
    Don't hold your breath, you will die. Mazda has been several generations behind the industry standard with their entertainment systems. This is clearly not their priority. Mazda knows what you want while both Samsung and Trump think they can fool everyone with their twisted mindset.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

Quote Originally Posted by blondee_yvr View Post
    Don't hold your breath, you will die. Mazda has been several generations behind the industry standard with their entertainment systems. This is clearly not their priority. Mazda knows what you want while both Samsung and Trump think they can fool everyone with their twisted mindset.
    Sounds like Hillary fooled you. I will be in the market for a new car about a year from now, so it won't be a Mazda if car play is not available.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

@Heritage07 Lol. No, Hillary didn't fool me either. Like the Germans are saying. The entire US election is like watching Muppets in action.

The 2017s are already out or soon will be. There is no evidence Car Play will be in the 2017 models. Hypothetically speaking, adding it to the mid year cycle model would be a big upgrade. It would definitely piss off a lot of early purchasers.

What models are you considering? While Honda is ahead in terms of tech, long term reliability in terms of transmission and engine seems to be an issue. Reading some comments in the Honda forum give me a great laugh. One poster wrote that despite needing a new engine and/or transmission at his expense, he would still buy another Honda. Toyota doesn't have Carplay either. Fortunately, Mazda and Toyota are the minorities here. Just don't be surprised if a Mazda rep uses that excuse for not having it the 2017 Mazda3.

Registered Member

was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

Vote for Trump, i watch a lot of news and Clinton would never see my vote.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Apple CarPlay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage07 View Post
    Sounds like Hillary fooled you. I will be in the market for a new car about a year from now, so it won't be a Mazda if car play is not available.
    Nobody mentioned Vince Foster and those missing FBI files? Sorry to stir things up for these slow days here...

I also believe Mazda is more interested developing G-Vectoring Control where average car drivers don't care, than Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Don't think they would be available anytime soon!

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 AWD GS w/Luxury Package

Quote Originally Posted by sillyxone View Post
    I'd second this. Given the system runs Linux, and I already can easily mirror the screen from my Android phone with the CastScreen app, I think Android would be supported first. Also, the open-source nature of Android makes it a lot easier than the proprietary iOS.
    Well, I mean, iOS is a version of MacOS (previously OS X), which is a unix-based operating system. That has nothing to do with the Android compatibility.

Also, open-source has nothing to do with Mazda's ability to create a CarPlay-enabled system. It obviously helps regular developers/DIY folks, hence why the Infotainment hacks have been able to enable Android Auto stuff. But Mazda/JCI have access to the CarPlay APIs and code via Apple, so it doesn't affect the development at all.

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 AWD GS w/Luxury Package

Quote Originally Posted by adgjqetuo View Post
    Software alone will not enable Apple CarPlay - if they do update the software the USB hub will likely have to be upgraded as well. Apple requires a proprietary USB for it to work.
    CarPlay has worked via Bluetooth since 2015:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203412

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

@Heritage07 Lol. No, Hillary didn't fool me either. Like the Germans are saying. The entire US election is like watching Muppets in action.

The 2017s are already out or soon will be. There is no evidence Car Play will be in the 2017 models. Hypothetically speaking, adding it to the mid year cycle model would be a big upgrade. It would definitely piss off a lot of early purchasers.

What models are you considering? While Honda is ahead in terms of tech, long term reliability in terms of transmission and engine seems to be an issue. Reading some comments in the Honda forum give me a great laugh. One poster wrote that despite needing a new engine and/or transmission at his expense, he would still buy another Honda. Toyota doesn't have Carplay either. Fortunately, Mazda and Toyota are the minorities here. Just don't be surprised if a Mazda rep uses that excuse for not having it the 2017 Mazda3.
    I really like the new MX5 RF. My kids are grown and I really want a convertible. I have a 2011 BMW 328 with 127,000 on it and it's been flawless, but I have been looking a the 2 series convertible and it already has car play available. I am not in a hurry so it will be towards the end of 2017, so maybe the 2018 MX 5 will have CarPlay. I sold my Harley in the spring and I miss the wind!
    Last edited by Heritage07; 10-21-2016 at 05:56 PM.

mazda cx 5 maxx sport 2016

Doesnt look like it will be anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 GT FWD

Quote Originally Posted by rjbak3r View Post
    Doesnt look like it will be anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Support reps have little knowledge of product updates until they're updated.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by craigo View Post
    Support reps have little knowledge of product updates until they're updated.
    Ah yes...there will always be that one person that clings to false hope, despite the facts.

Registered Member

16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

Ah yes...there will always be that one person that clings to false hope, despite the facts.
    Android Auto and Carplay are coming to Mazda. It is just a matter of when, and if it will be delivered to current generations or if it will be only in new cars going forward(when it's released). I have been told before from Mazda reps that it is coming but just don't know when. And I've been told the same response that was posted above. But cragio is 100% right. Support reps I have learned know pretty much nothing. I have chatted tons and tons of support reps from various companies and the lack of knowledge is scary.

Lastly, the fact that people continue to find more and more glimpses of AA/Carplay code in each consecutive Mazda Connect update is very promising imo. It was rumored a long time ago that version 60 would bring AA/Carplay. We're at 59. Which was found to have even more code from AA/carplay. Lets keep our fingers crossed and maybe 2017 will bring us these platforms.

Mazda is not popular nor big enough to forgo these platforms. Maybe Toyota can get away with it but not Mazda. They will have to include it eventually as just about all manufactures are beginning to include it. It will be like Bluetooth soon. Cars will be expected to have them.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD

Let's not forget that CarPlay is already available on Mazdas in China. It's coming, eventually.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast