Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good thing to check regularly, is the tweeter account of Jacob Brown (#TheJacobBrown), which is THE Mazda spokesman of the article from Cars.com, who should have told that AA and Carplay would come to our MZD connect systems!

On his tweeter account, several people asked him about AA and Carplay, so maybe he gives us the good news one day!
No timeline yet, but it looks like it really is coming...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

A good thing to check regularly, is the tweeter account of Jacob Brown (#TheJacobBrown), which is THE Mazda spokesman of the article from Cars.com, who should have told that AA and Carplay would come to our MZD connect systems!

On his tweeter account, several people asked him about AA and Carplay, so maybe he gives us the good news one day!
No timeline yet, but it looks like it really is coming...

If Mazda wanted to add CarPlay or AA to thier vehicles they would have added it years ago. The reason why they haven't is because they have no intention to add it. So some journalist on Cars.com says it's coming and now the news gets plunlished on 50 different websites yet no confirmation from Mazda? Secondly every reviewer on last years CX-5(and every other Mazda) complained about the lack of CarPlay/AA. With the release of the 2017 CX-5 adding these important features would give reviewers one less thing to complain about but yet still nothing. I don't believe for a second the reason they haven't added it is because of some technical challenge, more like some weird way of depriving their customers of an important feature.

If CarPlay/AA is important to you do not buy the car until it's actually implemented. I think Mazda stated a few years ago these features would be added in the future but never were.

Last edited:
Would have added it years ago? As I said earlier, it's only been out for 3 years. Honda just now added it, didn't they?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I just wish we could get something more official from Mazda. Not even looking for an ETA, just a confirmation that it's coming. It's hopeful from what we saw in the cars.com article but still, who knows.

I hear this often but don't think it's true. Wondering if you have a source for that?

No source, but if you look around dating back to the debut of CarPlay/AA Mazda has stated(thru e-mail from customers) they are working on it. Working on it for 3 years now? How long does it take to implement a simple software update? My theory is Mazda doesn't want to include it because they don't want you using the touchscreen while driving.

But only this year in the CR-V.
I'ma start calling you (Negative) Nancy.

but what does that have to do with anything? the fact that it has been in other cars for a few years now. Besides I recall someone here even say the CX5 and CRV are apples and oranges and don't even compete. lol I still laugh at that statement. Whoever that guy was, I'm still lol.

So anyways I don't see mango bringing that up a problem. It's only a problem for Mazda because they have been saying AA and Apple Carplay would be coming for AT LEAST a year. I remember the CX9 press release, media outlets also said the same thing. "Mazda reps saying it will be added later" Now we are into the next year of the Cx9 and still no sign of it.

It's just in Mazda's history of promising Carplay and AA for those following them to be hesistant in believing them.

As someone mentioned, why isn't Mazda officially making a statement. It's just been hearsay or media outlets and press, but no real quotes coming from MAzda head honchos.

The out cry for AA and Applecar play is even worse! Many people on this forum will deny its importance--I'm calling heavy bias. But you read many of the new reviews and first drives on the CX5, and what is the most common thing they say? No AA and Apple carplay and its outdated infotainment. So it is a VERY big deal in a broad sense.

Actually you're the only one I know calling the infotainment outdated. I haven't seen one review say that.
Are we seriously going to have to argue with you two about everything? My God....

And you do have to read reviews skeptically not to get off topic but I read one today. Dudes like "it's a nice infotainment system except for the oddly placed Commander knob." Oddly placed, what? "Mazda should really put a volume knob on the dash". Wh ...at? I LOVE where the volume and knob are. Many if us do. He said it twice. Really must have bothered this dude. You have volume on the steering wheel...And right by your hand when your one hand driving.
Here's the thing he (once again) proved: we don't all agree on everything. It's nice to have choices. I despise the Jeep system...Don't like Honda's. And I'm telling ya Turbo...Few people on this planet are as tech centric as me or bigger Google fan boys. Not just saying this to...Argue with you or whatever you think I'm doing; I don't care about AA. Heavy bias. Ha. I'm not a Mazda fan boy. I am a Google fan boy. You think if anyone would be complaining it would be me.

Last edited:
Actually you're the only one I know calling the infotainment outdated. I haven't seen one review say that.
Are we seriously going to have to argue with you two about everything? My God....

1-Here's a review that calls it 'horrible:

It has kept some of the core qualities that make it fun to driveand it has also kept some of its flaws, such as very few storage spaces, modest power and a horrible navigation system.

https://www.sudbury.com/automotive/2017-mazda-cx-5-improving-not-reinventing-the-wheel-564808

2-No one here is 'arguing'. I was simply responding to bnwgraaf's post and you decided to butt in with your off-topic post talking about a CRV. Who in this thread is talking about a CRV? The topic at hand is Apple CarPlay/AA missing from Mazda's lineup, speculating why it's not available and if it will ever be.

1-Here's a review that calls it 'horrible:

https://www.sudbury.com/automotive/2017-mazda-cx-5-improving-not-reinventing-the-wheel-564808

2-No one here is 'arguing'. I was simply responding to bnwgraaf's post and you decided to butt in with your off-topic post talking about a CRV. Who in this thread is talking about a CRV? The topic at hand is Apple CarPlay/AA missing from Mazda's lineup, speculating why it's not available and if it will ever be.
Because you're mister CR-V. Ok so your link says the factory navigation sucks. Not the actual infotainment. And aren't you the one who said on the CR-V forum that the Honda navigation sucks? Just saying. How many factory navigation systems are awesome? I don't know. Don't claim to know. But the Mazda one is ok enough for me when I'm too lazy to use my phone. It shows nearby gas stations. Goggle maps doesn't unless I ask. The Mazda one shows what is at every exit. Pretty cool. The Mazda one tells you the speed limit on every road you are on. GMaps doesn't.
Like I said: just because it's a review doesn't mean he's right for every person. Grain of salt, baby.

As someone mentioned, why isn't Mazda officially making a statement. It's just been hearsay or media outlets and press, but no real quotes coming from MAzda head honchos.

The out cry for AA and Applecar play is even worse! Many people on this forum will deny its importance--I'm calling heavy bias. But you read many of the new reviews and first drives on the CX5, and what is the most common thing they say? No AA and Apple carplay and its outdated infotainment. So it is a VERY big deal in a broad sense.

The statement is actually from Mazda:

"Mazda has been a CarPlay and Android Auto partner since 2014, so it is no secret that we are developing both systems to interface with our Mazda Connect infotainment system. Both software systems should be retroactively upgradable onto all Mazda Connect systems with a potentially minimal hardware addition needed. Mazda does not yet have an official timeline for when these should be available or at what cost, however."
Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/mazda...capability-1420694439589/#HAdpv1jQtX9FuKM3.99

As for reviews, it is the job of the individual reviewer or team to list features the product that they are reviewing provide or don't provide and not necessarily what they personally desire.

You can be pessimistic all you want, I believe it will come. They are working on it hence they're still not able to announce a launch date. I don't even know why you care. Looking at all your posts from your profile, you only came here to disparage the CX-5. You don't even have any posts in the Mazda RX-7 section as your profile suggest that you own hence you've contributed nothing positive to this forum.

The statement is actually from Mazda:

"Mazda has been a CarPlay and Android Auto partner since 2014, so it is no secret that we are developing both systems to interface with our Mazda Connect infotainment system. Both software systems should be retroactively upgradable onto all Mazda Connect systems with a potentially minimal hardware addition needed. Mazda does not yet have an official timeline for when these should be available or at what cost, however."
Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/mazda...capability-1420694439589/#HAdpv1jQtX9FuKM3.99

So they've been a partner for 3 years now, but have yet to find a way to make it work. They said the same thing last year with the CX-9 and nothing came from it. How is it possible that Mitsubishi can make it work but not Mazda? The worst part about it is they say they have no timetable. Really? You've had 3 years to get this working. Make it a priority and tell your customers you'll have it up and running by the end of the year so this can be put to rest.

Like I said earlier, if this feature is important to you do not buy the car until Mazda actually deploys it in their vehicles.

Last edited:
So they've been a partner for 3 years now, but have yet to find a way to make it work. They said the same thing last year with the CX-9 and nothing came from it. How is it possible that Mitsubishi can make it work but not Mazda? The worst part about it is they say they have no timetable. Really? You've had 3 years to get this working. Make it a priority and tell your customers you'll have it up and running by the end of the year so this can be put to rest.

Like I said earlier, if this feature is important to you do not buy the car until Mazda actually deploys it in their vehicles.

This is true, bargain basement Mitsubishi Mirage comes with crapple carplay and Android auto. At least you guys dont have the NB1 headunit.

Seriously, why do you even care? Lol you don't even OWN the car you're whining about. Why do you feel the need to come here and talk down Mazda and the cx5? Every post. It's absolutely pathetic and just purely childish.

Seriously, why do you even care? Lol you don't even OWN the car you're whining about. Why do you feel the need to come here and talk down Mazda and the cx5? Every post. It's absolutely pathetic and just purely childish.

LOL so stating a fact(lack of CarPlay/AA) in Mazda vehicles is somehow 'talking down' Mazda? It's called stating a fact. While the rest of us are here discussing Carplay you come in and attack me out of nowhere. I hope the mods read this and give you an infraction because your post was out of line.

If Mazda wanted to add CarPlay or AA to thier vehicles they would have added it years ago. The reason why they haven't is because they have no intention to add it. So some journalist on Cars.com says it's coming and now the news gets plunlished on 50 different websites yet no confirmation from Mazda? Secondly every reviewer on last years CX-5(and every other Mazda) complained about the lack of CarPlay/AA. With the release of the 2017 CX-5 adding these important features would give reviewers one less thing to complain about but yet still nothing. I don't believe for a second the reason they haven't added it is because of some technical challenge, more like some weird way of depriving their customers of an important feature.

If CarPlay/AA is important to you do not buy the car until it's actually implemented. I think Mazda stated a few years ago these features would be added in the future but never were.

Above is your first post in this thread. Your first two sentences (emphasis added) are not facts, they are your opinion. That's fine to have your opinion but don't try to play the poor little innocent me routine, you are not just stating facts. You established a tone in this post (and previous ones) that you don't like Mazda. That's okay. I won't lose any sleep tonight with that knowledge.

I think jhu8's question is perfectly valid: Why do you even care? That's not an attack, just an attempt to understand why you would want to hang out here here with a bunch of Mazda owners.

Come on, you negative guys!

I really di LOVE the infotainment system in my Mazda2! I really like the rotary knob and his position in the car, like I like the position of the screen!
It is far better than those systems in a lot of other cars!

And I am not the only one. Before I bought the car I have read a lot of reviews and car tests and viewed a lot of YouTube videos and in almost all these reviews and tests, the Mazda was praised in generally as one of the nicest to drive cars in their class and the infotainment system was almost everytime called classleading!
So, at least here in Europe, you will find not much negative remarks about it!

But most important, I will go to work within half an hour and I again are enjoying the driving of my Mazda, accompanied by the nice sound of the great MZD connect system. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back