Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed one of my favorite car reviewers Alex on Autos has said (very convincingly) in a recent review, that AA/CP will be coming to the 2017 CX-5.

I'm wondering if there has been an update from Mazda about this? Any official announcement? Wheres the dude get this info from? Anybody?

It's not coming bro, if it was you would see something on Mazda's website like you see for the Diesel CX-5. The fact that Mazda has partnered with Toyota makes it even less likely.

Yea, we know it's not. This forum will explode if it's announced. I'm thinking it will be this fall or never.
Can't believe Apple hasn't released ACP as a standalone app, like Google did. Just another reason Google > Apple.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm holding out hope too, but my concern is the HU itself. I am doubting its ability to effectively run AA. It's pretty slow compared to others that I've seen that do run AA smoothly. I mean, no doubt it CAN as I've run the home-grown AA on mine, but whew... we have a slow HU. There's always hope for a major code re-write though..!

Well, for those wanting carplay and the like, this is not good news:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/toyota-mazda-to-share-next-gen-infotainment-platform/

This doesn't matter much to me and doesn't give any new info. Toyota has said on multiple occasions that they have no intentions of supporting AA/CP and they will be designing their own system. Mazda has said publicly that they intend to support both AA and CP. I would fully expect that the 2018 Camry doesn't have AA/CP but the fact that Toyota shares a core OS with Mazda doesn't mean Mazda will adopt Toyota's anti-customer, crap UI mentality.

Also - I'm in Lansdale today too!

Mazda representative at autoshow (need to dig out the video) has said that they will support AA/CP soon.
For 2014 model, it might need some extra hardware (did not say what or how much), and for later models, just firmware update.
Rumor has it that it will be end of this year.

With Mazda focusing on gas engine and diesel, while Toyota focusing on hybrid, and fuel cell, I won't be surprised that Toyota will own bigger share of Mazda soon.
Officially, if one owns more than 33% of the other, the former can claim the sales figures of the latter. That was what happened with Ford/Mazda.
Mazda is a company with enthusiastic RDs on engines, but lacking on marketing and economy of scale.
It will be a win-win for both companies.

LOL @ a rumor. Let me guess, some sleazy sales person told you that? These 'rumors' circulate because they want people to keep buying their cars. Plain and simple. If these sales guy were honest and said they don't know if or when it is coming, no one would be buying their cars. Funny how Mazda can tell the world a diesel CX-5 is coming to the US market and you know, put it on their website but they can't do the same for CarPlay/AA. It's quite telling.

Yeah not too worried. I mean the Mazda 6 in Japan already has carplay. So Mazda obviously has implemented these platforms. Just a matter of them bringing it to the US.
Bwahaha. Hope is the last to die. For your sake, I wish you don't get severe depression when the bubble you live in bursts. Just saying.

Funny how Mazda can tell the world a diesel CX-5 is coming to the US market.
Is that still happening? In the UK, diesel cars will be banned by 2040. Other parts of Europe are trying to ban them within the next 8 years.

In Munich Germany, they are banning diesel cars. While 2040 seems a long way off, Europe has many passenger diesel vehicles. The same can't be said about North America. Besides, world wide diesel car sales have declined since 2012.

Is that still happening? In the UK, diesel cars will be banned by 2040. Other parts of Europe are trying to ban them within the next 8 years.

In Munich Germany, they are banning diesel cars. While 2040 seems a long way off, Europe has many passenger diesel vehicles. The same can't be said about North America. Besides, world wide diesel car sales have declined since 2012.

As I understand it the UK Government want to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2040, so the ICE is not yet obsolete. There's still another 23 years to go. Just a thought, will that include cars running on LPG or CNG as they are still internal combustion engines and not electric.

Bwahaha. Hope is the last to die. For your sake, I wish you don't get severe depression when the bubble you live in bursts. Just saying.

What a stupid comment. Obviously if AA/Carplay was that important to me, I wouldn't have bought a Mazda. No one buys a Mazda for its infotainment setup.

It's still on the Mazda website, so I'm assuming it is still coming although I don't have a clue as to understanding why they are releasing a diesel version of the CX-5 here. There is no demand for it. Diesel here is on it's way out.

Mazda representative at autoshow (need to dig out the video) has said that they will support AA/CP soon.
For 2014 model, it might need some extra hardware (did not say what or how much), and for later models, just firmware update.

2014? I will be shocked if 2017s get it. 2018 might get the hardware for AA Carplay

What a stupid comment. Obviously if AA/Carplay was that important to me, I wouldn't have bought a Mazda. No one buys a Mazda for its infotainment setup.

This is true - I am happy with the MZD info system. It works well for me AA or not.

2014? I will be shocked if 2017s get it. 2018 might get the hardware for AA Carplay
I would have said that before owning a Mazda. I will always have a Commander Knob. It's life changing. [emoji3]
So Audi or Mazda next time.

I would have said that before owning a Mazda. I will always have a Commander Knob. It's life changing. [emoji3]
So Audi or Mazda next time.

At this point I wish I had one of those 2014 styled CX-5's that retained the actual parking brake handle, gated shifter, and also had a commander knob. Ah well, they didn't have those here :(

LOL @ a rumor. Let me guess, some sleazy sales person told you that? These 'rumors' circulate because they want people to keep buying their cars. Plain and simple. If these sales guy were honest and said they don't know if or when it is coming, no one would be buying their cars. Funny how Mazda can tell the world a diesel CX-5 is coming to the US market and you know, put it on their website but they can't do the same for CarPlay/AA. It's quite telling.

No. A representative of Mazda at autoshow who was doing the interview said that.
Not a random salesman near you.

Mazda brings the diesel into USA for sake of CAFE standard. They don't have hybrids, nor EVs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back