Factory nav system

I'd bet that you wouldn't need anything else. Take a look at aftermarket stereo dash kits. They lay over the heater controls so I don't think they are connected at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I am more concerned about the nav components. I am curious if anyone has done this and if they had issues.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I currently have a '09 GT, never figured out how to use the Navigation System (too frustrating) and the Bluetooth connection to the phone has broken. It doesn't allow the phone to be paired with it. I would sugguest to install an after market head unit as noted in the audio section for about the same price and many more features... Bluetooth- phone, music from phone, google maps (which think is the most accurate), it may mirror the screen and play movies, plus a backup camera feature.

I just use mine as a player for pandora via the aux connector.

What I've done to my '09 GT:

Dyno- matted and sound insulated entire interior (took one month/everyday/retired)

New JL Audio TR 570-CXi Speakers

Stock Navigation head unit= sounds great, no need to put in amplifier, some wind and road noise still...but much,much
quieter!!!

I have looked at a Joying unit with a 10 inch screen. I don't think it will cover anything around the unit. I may buy one and test fit it in the Mazda or my truck. I would have to order the after market kit for the dash.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

It's probably worth a hundred or so more to get Android Auto/Apple Carplay. (At this point you're putting in a 7 year old USED nav unit.) Then you just use your phone's GPS with superior navigation software and have better everything and possible expansion.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I like the way you think! The Pioneer i am selling IS NOT a navigation reciever, just to be clear. You can still get the bluetooth module for it on ebay for about 100 bucks however

Back