Corksport Coilovers

Co.CarSpotter

:
Mazda 2 Sport
I just installed some CS coilovers and I do love them. I was curious why the front seems to be riding so much higher than the rear. I bought second hand CS dampers that were in good condition and brand new CS springs. I'm hoping its just a case of letting the new springs settle. I just want the front and rear to look about the same height. You can sort of see the front is higher than the rear in the 3/4 view of my car.
IMG_20160402_163333.jpgIMG_20160403_105754.jpg

Nope, that's about how the CS springs sit. They never quite looked right to me. You can always add a 8" long 250lb linear spring ( can be either 2.25" or 2.5" inner diameter)in the rear to even out the rear ride height. The rear shock can handle the rate and it will look a bit better as well. The pair of springs can be bought used for under $100 shipped.

Mine got worse over time. The rears were almost tucked into the fenders while I was able to get 2 fingers between the front tire and fender. I solved the problem by installing these:

Energy Suspension 9.6117G Coil Spring Isolator Set
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

For the springs you could go Ground Contol (Eibach), Swift, Hyperco, etc.

Nope, that's about how the CS springs sit. They never quite looked right to me. You can always add a 8" long 250lb linear spring ( can be either 2.25" or 2.5" inner diameter)in the rear to even out the rear ride height. The rear shock can handle the rate and it will look a bit better as well. The pair of springs can be bought used for under $100 shipped.

In your opinion, do you think 250lb rears are a good match to the CS fronts? I'm in this weird place in life where I actually want my car to ride smooth now...I know it's a sickness. I have beefy Eibach antiroll bars and the CS shocks and struts.

Mine got worse over time. The rears were almost tucked into the fenders while I was able to get 2 fingers between the front tire and fender. I solved the problem by installing these:

Energy Suspension 9.6117G Coil Spring Isolator Set
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

So I take it that solution is working well for you? Could you post pics? Maybe even a before and after with the spring isolators?

So I take it that solution is working well for you? Could you post pics? Maybe even a before and after with the spring isolators?

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures before. If I'm feeling up to it I can take them out and snap a few pics but don't hold your breath. I'll take some pictures as it currently sits, tomorrow.

Visually yes it's working out. I guess day to day I'm content with the car but whenever I go for a longer drive I HATE the ride. Sharp bumps SUCK. I think I try a different setting on the CS dampers every month. Right now I've been riding on 6f and 6r just for comforts sake. I feel like my gutted 91 Sentra SE-R with Progress coilovers and full Energy Suspension bushings was a better ride. The M2 feels harsh and squishy at the same time.

A little late. I've been distracted by a headlight wiring issue. But here is that side shot with the isolators. Hope it helps.
AdASKY2.jpg

That's a nice look. If I go with the CS springs I'll have to pick up the isolators, too.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back