Wind noise coming from A-Pillar on driver side

hek8560

:
Mazda,CX-5,2015,TOURING
I don't know is it only me but I did heard lots wind noise coming from top A pillar, does anyone know how to fix it? I check the seal, they looks good. Also, my passage side A-Pillar Trim glue seems fading out, what kind glue should I buy to attach them? QQ图片20160403141914.jpg

Last edited:
There is a service fix pinned with the TSBs on how to fix it and what to use.

Nah, they won't do it for my car. Dealership give a shi.t about window noise or rattle noise. I already did four door sound deadening, I guess I looking for some way to remove A- pillar and apply some home insulation foam to it. I don't have the material left from last time, so I check with my local hardware store see if anything I can use to do it.

I noticed the exact same wind noise yesterday. Seem to happen only when I'm driving at 70mph or more.

Both my A pillar trims look like the one in your pic. Slightly detached at the top near windscreen. Since both look the same I thought it's just shoddy design.

I noticed the exact same wind noise yesterday. Seem to happen only when I'm driving at 70mph or more.

Both my A pillar trims look like the one in your pic. Slightly detached at the top near windscreen. Since both look the same I thought it's just shoddy design.

I been working on sound insulation since I got the car, the car is much quieter now. I spend about 600 dollar so far, $320 STP Sound Deadener import from Russia(very expensive, way better than Dynamat) Hood wind reflector cost $21 and $14 for shipping, I brought from Japan website. 70 for extra weather seal strip from Japan sound insulation company called 静音计划, they are a Japanese company which design product to reduce Japanese car wind noise and road noise。Lots other things, I add on my CX-5, but take off later and sold on Ebay. One of my friend said that I am just waste money on this car because when you reduce the road noise, you will hear engine noise more louder, when you get rid of engine noise then you get this loud wind noise. Everything is coming back on and again. Next, I will fix this problem and maybe working on firewall. I planning to replace the tires soon, the current tires are too bumpy and loud. I kind like my father's X5 Michelin tires, they are really soft and quieter.

There is a service fix pinned with the TSBs on how to fix it and what to use.

Can you post a link to the TSB (or perhaps the actual TSB if you have it)? I'm curious to see what Mazda recommends for the corrective action.

Thanks!

2013-2016 CX-5 A-Pillar Trim Distortion

Ha, my wife just pointed out to me the exact problem on driver side A-pillar trim cover just last weekend! I thought the windshield replacement guy did something which caused that, but not. Must be the Texas heat! Thanks for the TSB (as usual)! (cool)

2013-2016 CX-5 A-PILLAR TRIM DISTORTION
2013-2016 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******730190 (produced before Oct. 15, 2015)

3177a.JPG

Back