• 2021 CX-5 transmission failed and was replaced by dealer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 CX-5 transmission failed and was replaced by dealer

• 2024 CX-5 transmission failed and was replaced by dealer

• Total voters
Poll: My CX-5 transmission failed and was replaced

Thing is it doesnt do this all the time and Im sure the dealer will just tell he they couldnt find nothing
Yeah most likely your Mazda dealer will say that. At least now youll have a record in Mazdas system, and in the future if your transmission ever failed after the warranty you can tell Mazda North American Operations that you have already had the issue before your powertrain warranty expired, but your dealer failed to catch the problem. Hopefully youll get some compensation without warranty.

^^^^hmmm

Still no issues with 2013 CX-5 at 107k miles...

in contrast my 2016 Mazda at 62k miles has a whining sound at certain low speeds.

Edit: I tried replicating problem by driving at a steady 20 mph, 25mph, 30mph, 40mph, ect. Butter Smooth shifting and no whining sounds.

Last edited:
Wife’s ‘15 CX5 with 44,700 miles transmission failed. Required a new transmission. It’s 9 months out of warranty and Mazda won’t help. Up until this point we loved this vehicle and were getting ready to give it to our daughter and buy a new 2020 CX5. Mazda’s lack of help in this matter is forcing us to reconsider.

Wife’s ‘15 CX5 with 44,700 miles transmission failed. Required a new transmission. It’s 9 months out of warranty and Mazda won’t help. Up until this point we loved this vehicle and were getting ready to give it to our daughter and buy a new 2020 CX5. Mazda’s lack of help in this matter is forcing us to reconsider.
Our ‘15 CX5 tranny also went out at low mileage in 2020. It was barely out of warranty but Mazda would not help out except for slight discount towards new Mazda, which we did not use because we negotiated a better deal at dealer on a ‘20 model. And we too gave the ‘17 (w/new $7,000 tranny) to our daughter. Because of the craziness with Covid we bought another Mazda but soon will replace it with something else because of their actions-or lack of.

Anyone experience these codes with a transmission that had fluid/filter maintenance?

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 6.17.27 AM.png

Attachments

• MC-10237199-0001.pdf
    534.8 KB · Views: 41
2015 Touring with no transmission problems. It has 105,000 miles on it. I never followed any break-in procedure. Just drove it like a normal car, downshifting for declines, full throttle if tight traffic getting on Interstate. Over 62 years of driving that is how I treated all my cars with no transmission problems in any of them. Luck................who knows?

This is a biased poll because it doesn't have a choice to view results without affirming no problems, or in other words giving no answer, so some people will not choose the "no problems" because they are a little superstitious and don't want to jinx it. I am one of those people, but I voted just now anyway (years after seeing the thread). Normally in a legit telephone poll there is a "no answer" choice but this poll does not have one. I think the actual rate of people with no transmission issues over a 12 year old platform is higher than 84%, but not massively, based on the hundreds of thousands that are sold each year and overall lack of complaint posts on this forum, the other one, and the reddit page.

Last edited:
So if you had a "no answer" choice in addition to "no problems" when you started the poll in 2016 it would have been more accurate. : p

You can now view results without voting. This poll wasn’t intended to be anything scientific..just to capture trends of years that might be more problematic than others.

That being said…. Very low participation rate after nearly 8 years.

I will future-proof this poll as well a few years out as well. If your CX-5 transmission was replaced by your dealer report it here. I have no issues with mine but occasional threads pop up so lets see some numbers.

Responses are public.

Other transmission discussion threads:

I have a CX 5 2022 that developed slippage and jumping between 2nd and 3rd gears. After much investigation Mazda changed the gearbox but I have a similar problem. They have now taken the car for further testing and have agreed that if they confirm they will change the car. I currently have a CX 5 2023 loan car and this performs well. After much deliberation it is thought the problem may be linked to the new gearbox "getting used to the driver" system but this is not confirmed. This is the 4th CX 5 I have purchased and the other 3 were fine so it must be linked to a new "improvement".

Back