Recommendations on Rear brake replacements

shootz

Contributor
:
01 LX --> MP3 w/ better suspension!
Hey all, I have MSP brakes all around and my rear calipers have seized up. I could get direct replacements, but I am curious what you all think about a straight replacement with Mazda3 rear brakes/something else. Thoughts?

Some people have done the MZ6 or MS6 rear brake setup, it's possible to rebuild the MSP calipers if you want

Hey guys, I remember back in the day there were some fitment issues when ordering brake calipers for the msp. Does anyone know the actual part numbers for the calipers that are identical to stock for a 2003.5 MSP? I need both rear and front please. Thank you.

Rockauto has rear calipers that say they only fit 2003 Proteges so I imagine those are the correct ones. You can rebuild them if you are worried about finding the right ones.

I ordered a replacement from amazon and it works great. Raybestos FRC11049 Professional Grade Remanufactured, Semi-Loaded Disc Brake Caliper. It was $50 when I bought it in may, it's now almsot $100.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone searches this in the future, I bought FRC11813/FRC11814 - they are not the right fit, guessing its for a P5.

Back