2015 CX5 no sound from front left speaker with aftermarket unit.

Bidome77

:
Mazda CX5 Sport
So I am having a very stage issue with my instillation. I installed a new Alpine in dash unit and am not able to get any sound out of the front left speaker. I used an OHM meter and I am getting 4ohms out of all speakers but still no sound from front left. I re-installed factory unit and all speakers including the front left work fine. I don't have the BOSE system so this should have been a really simple install. I also switched all the channels around in order to see if the unit is at faulty but that also does not seem to be a problem. I am at a complete lose has anyone heard of this?

So you did swap front left and front right speaker wires hooking up to the Alpine unit and the front left speaker still has no sound? Do you keep your OEM door speakers?

Yes front speakers are stock, I swapped the channels on the Alpine unit and they run the right speaker fine. Any channel from the unit i hook up to left speaker will not give me audio. All other speakers work great. Also if I use and AA battery to pop the speaker that work as well. It makes no sense.

This is truely a catch-22 situation! All I can suggest is to get a multimeter and measure the ohms of each speakers from headunit end and see if there is differences among those 4 stock door speakers.

This is truely a catch-22 situation! All I can suggest is to get a multimeter and measure the ohms of each speakers from headunit end and see if there is differences among those 4 stock door speakers.

Thank you for you help. What I failed to mention is that I also have an ADS Maestro module hooked up and it looks to be malfunctioning. With the module installed problem persists. One module is removed system works fine.

Back