How time flies...

dterranova

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Been feeling very nostalgic lately. Came across the old thread of my Mazdaspeed 6 GT and felt very...sad lol.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123805962-dizzario-s-speed6

This was the car that 'started it all' for me when I was younger. It was the first car I purchased on my own and it was awesome. I even landed a second job just to make the payments, have money for parts, and still have money for my responsibilities in life. In retrospect, I wish I would've kept it for later use.

I started out into the whole 'stance' and 'fitment' scene but never really got too crazy. If memory serves me correctly, the MS6 doesn't have the room necessary for decently sized wheels. My first set of 'real' wheels were the Work XD9s. My first coilovers were BC Racings and I remember almost getting scammed by that South African guy Anthony hahahaha. Good times.

I had the 240SX bug even before I bought the MS6. I ended up selling my car to some rich kid that ended up ruining it. His test drive should've been a red flag. I was so excited that I had purchase my first S13 that I sold the car to an idiot. Makes me kick myself. Ever since the Mazda I've been a die-hard Nissan guy. I don't drift much. I don't beat the s*** out of my S13s...I just really enjoy them in all of their early-90s glory.

So why did I log back in here? I'm going to Japan for three years with the military. Snagging an Atenza (Mazdaspeed Atenza...?) in Japan is a notion I've toyed with. I'd love to have a GT-trimmed MS6 over there for visiting my wife's Grandpa down South. I'm also quasi-looking for one in the states before I go...just to store for when I get back.

If you've had yours from the get-go I'd like to ask how they're holding up?

Back