So long CX5...

File%20Mar%2021%206%2012%2059%20PM_zpslriwrcee.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

VS

This type of trailer would work better. Longer neck, bigger tires, leaf suspension, and the trailer sits level (important). The OP's trailer had NO suspension and tiny tires

Trailer Size = 5x10
Weight = 850 lbs
Tire Size = 15 x 5
Axles = Dexter Easy Lube Axles
LED lights
2" Coupler
Bolted Jack

Last edited:
Is this your justification for the way you are behaving here?

What are you talking about? I have done nothing wrong. I used NO profanity and made NO personal attacks against the OP. I am simply just responding to the OP who started this thread and made a comparison with the CX5 vs Colorado. This is a MAZDA forum. Nothing was said that was out of line.

If you go on a Chevy forum and post a thread that you traded in your Chevy for a Mazda, they would attack you personally and viciously. I have done no such thing. I am just discussing a topic.

It's this overly sensitive rhetoric in the media today that once you DISAGREE with someone and make it known, you are then labeled a hater. I don't get this overly sensitive rhetoric???

Last edited:
i still think $42K is absurd for a medium truck. The diesel is nice and all that I guess, but it reminds me of those people who sell paid for vehicles and buy a brand new Prius "because it will save on gas money". Initial cost on the front-end is not made up for on the back-end, at all, and driving performance suffers, even if mileage is better.

File%20Mar%2021%206%2012%2059%20PM_zpslriwrcee.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

VS

This type of trailer would work better. Longer neck, bigger tires, leaf suspension, and the trailer sits level (important). The OP's trailer had NO suspension and tiny tires.

Trailer Size = 5x10
Weight = 850 lbs
Tire Size = 15 x 5
Axles = Dexter Easy Lube Axles
LED lights
2" Coupler
Bolted Jack

WRONG... again.

The Triton Trailer has a four cord rubber torsion axle with independent suspension... far superior to that heavy steel leaf spring suspension of that utility trailer.

Please stick with what you know... not what you think you know.

Last edited:
So, I found a Chevrolet Colorado Trail Boss edition with the new (in the US) 2.8L Duramax Diesel. Man it is quite a vehicle. The seats are sooo soft and supple, now they really make my 16 GT leather seats feel like sitting on a sheet of plywood... sorry folks.

Well while the Mazda CX5 GT might feel like "sitting on a sheet of plywood" according to the OP. Here is what happens to GM seats after just 5,000 miles of driving:

47792551d1399399282-seat-leather-p1020176-1024x768-.jpg

Mind you this is in a $70,000 GM vehicle. I've owned GM vehicles in the past and the interiors on GMs fall apart fast and the leather seats in GM cars are pretty shoddy. After 10,000 miles in a C5 and C6 Corvette, my GM seats looked like they were 20 years old.

So much for the "soft and supple" seats. They are so soft and supple that they fall apart after a few thousand miles. I guarantee you the Mazda CX5 seats will look like new after 30,000 miles while the GM seats will look like garbage.

Well while the Mazda CX5 GT might feel like "sitting on a sheet of plywood" according to the OP. Here is what happens to GM seats after just 5,000 miles of driving:

Mind you this is in a $70,000 GM vehicle. I've owned GM vehicles in the past and the interiors on GMs fall apart fast and the leather seats in GM cars are pretty shoddy. After 10,000 miles in a C5 and C6 Corvette, my GM seats looked like they were 20 years old.

So much for the "soft and supple" seats. They are so soft and supple that they fall apart after a few thousand miles. I guarantee you the Mazda CX5 seats will look like new after 30,000 miles while the GM seats will look like garbage.

My "leather" steering wheel has exactly that type of wear. Meanwhile the "leather" seat (which btw is a synthetic mix) is fine

Are you just a Jackass in real life, cutting down what others purchase that you don't like?

Edit... I know the answer as do many others here, no need to respond. If you don't like my thread, or the vehicle I chose to suit my needs, just shut your yap as you really sound like an idiot.

Last edited:
Are you just a Jackass in real life, cutting down what others purchase that you don't like?

Edit... I know the answer as do many others here, no need to respond. If you don't like my thread, or the vehicle I chose to suit my needs, just shut your yap as you really sound like an idiot.

+1

Chevy has a forum! I am fascinated that there adds never show the vehicle moving. They seem to be selling portable WiFi hubs.

Chevy has a forum! I am fascinated that there adds never show the vehicle moving. They seem to be selling portable WiFi hubs.

Well, they did have that commercial where people took the new Chevy's out for a spin in a supposed snow storm. Altho, it was merely a snow covered course with maybe a few flakes falling in the air.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

Well, they did have that commercial where people took the new Chevy's out for a spin in a supposed snow storm. Altho, it was merely a snow covered course with maybe a few flakes falling in the air.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

Chevy/GM vehicles for the most part are NOT drivers cars (except for Corvettes & high-end Cadillac's). They are dull and boring to drive. Chevy pushes options like WiFi hot spots. Chevy has some of the worse commercials out there. They are painful to watch.

The dumb Buick Cascada is just an European-made Opel that they re-badged. Lame

I think the new 2016 Cruze is much better than the previous gen Cruze. It is essentially a European designed car with much going for it, though it will not be as fun to drive as a Mazda 3 (we own a Mazda 3 and are happy with it). The new Cruze is lighter, more quiet (a drawback of the Mazda 3), more powerful and more fuel efficient than the outgoing model. It has Android Auto support.
For years I've stayed away from GM products but their quality, as well as overall worthiness/desirability keep increasing. I am happy to see that GM is getting better, though this is really a European product.

I really don't watch TV anymore, so I don't even know what commercials are running :)

(<--- post 666, does it mean something?)

Back