Pandora Issue Fixed ??

:
Mazda 2016 CX-5
Pandora has not worked well in my CX-5 GT since I bought it in November, constantly dropping the BT connection. Weird thing is AHA and Stitcher work perfectly. Well I just updated to IOS 9.3 on my Iphone 6s and at same time Pandora issued a bug update to their app. Not sure which of these or maybe a little of both fixed the issue but finally , Pandora is working perfectly.

I have been communicating with Pandora via email about this problem. They knew about it and asked me for more info. Good to hear it has been fixed. I am downloading IOS 9.3 as I write.

Fingers crossed, I'm finishing up the install of 9.3 now, and downloaded the myriad of app updates earlier. Going on a little family road trip today, so it's a perfect chance to test everything out. The last iteration of the Pandora app had soo many issues, even caused problems with my TV and Chromecast.

And they JUST now updated the Pandora app AGAINnow with this description
"Having trouble with Pandora in your car ?We exterminated some bugs that may have got between you, your music and your ride"

Sure didn't fix anything for me, still dropped the connection multiple times. Had to switch to the "bluetooth" source.

Did not fix it for me either. I emailed Pandora with that info (in my continuing correspondence with them on this problem).

It's an APP issue. You can go on google play store for example and see many users complaining about the service being unusable on many devices. Mine doesn't connect to the ser servers sometimes, or if I thumb down a song, or change station it quits working. Sometimes restarting the phone fixes it. At least you don't have the NB1 issue of occasionally displaying no info for every field, and being unable to change the station until you restart the HU (turn car off, let the temporary memory clear).

Per the suggestion of Sean at Pandora, try a 'clean install':
Delete the Pandora app from your iPhone, then shut off the phone, restart the phone, then reinstall the Pandora app.

Seems to work so far. Fingers crossed.

(This is with the new 7.01 version of the Pandora app which 'fixes' this problem which started with 7.0)

Last edited:
Well, it's definently better than it was. It'll play several songs now before dropping signal.

There's another issue with Pandora. If you have an active route in navigation and you use Pandora, the spoken directions comes broken. Tu.. le.. at Nan...ky D..ve, etc., etc. Anyone having similar problem?

A 4.5 hour drive back home this afternoon/evening. Lost connection only once after 2.5 hours. Not perfect, but I can live with that. I communicated this info to Pandora.

Be sure to do a 'clean install': Uninstall the Pandora App, completely shut off the phone!, restart the phone, then reinstall Pandora 7.01

Hey guys. I need some help... I've read through a lot of threads on this forum and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, so I apologize if this has been addressed. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and a 2015 CX-5 Touring and I cannot get it to connect to Pandora via the Pandora tab on my radio/touch screen. I have deleted my phone & car's connection. Nothing. I have uninstalled the Pandora app on my phone, shut the phone off and back on, reinstalled the app, and still doesn't work. Interestingly enough, when I hit the Bluetooth tab, my Pandora app is playing there. Is there some setting I'm missing? The Pandora tab just keeps telling me that I'm not connected to the Pandora app and asks if I want to reconnect. I say yes, and it says again that it's not connected. I can hit "Yes" over and over to reconnect and still does nothing. I know I can play it via Bluetooth, but that's not the point. That's just a workaround. I have a Pandora tab for a reason so that I can use the functions within the Pandora app, like thumbs up, thumbs down, and I think I can even create stations from the touch screen. (not sure since I can't get it to connect, but that's what I've read) Is this an issue with the vehicle or with my phone?

I love my car, but I'm finding Mazda's entertainment system leaves a lot to be desired. With other cars, the connection seems so easy & seamless. And how can I have the Bose package and not have it come with Sirius XM? I know cheaper, entry level cars that come with XM radio! Kind of crazy. So I'm trying to find other options for listening to music so I don't have to pay over $400 to add XM to my car as if it came from the factory. Ridiculous. I already listen to Google Music through my Bluetooth, but I want to find something that gives me more usability of the touchscreen so I'm not always having to pick up my phone.

I know this thread is really old but did anyone ever get a full solution? I sometimes have issues connecting phone (Galaxy S8) to my car (2015 6 Sport) for Pandora. It will connect and start then immediately disconnect.

LWatson77: I am hoping by now you do not have this issue anymore but incase anyone else reads this, with my Android I have noticed to connect it works better when the phone is unlocked. Sometimes I start pandora as the car turns on, set mode to Bluetooth, once the song starts (phone still unlocked and opened to pandora app) I switch to the Pandora option on the infotainment system. Also make sure that there are no ads on pandora, like it should be displaying the current song playing and not a splash screen. See if any of these help?

I know this thread is really old but did anyone ever get a full solution? I sometimes have issues connecting phone (Galaxy S8) to my car (2015 6 Sport) for Pandora. It will connect and start then immediately disconnect.

LWatson77: I am hoping by now you do not have this issue anymore but incase anyone else reads this, with my Android I have noticed to connect it works better when the phone is unlocked. Sometimes I start pandora as the car turns on, set mode to Bluetooth, once the song starts (phone still unlocked and opened to pandora app) I switch to the Pandora option on the infotainment system. Also make sure that there are no ads on pandora, like it should be displaying the current song playing and not a splash screen. See if any of these help?

Yes very relevant about making sure there is no Pandora ad such as "Skip to Pandora" which will cause errors when linking. I wish there was a way to report that issue to Pandora but I have found no solution.

Back