Infortainment Update

jjp735i

:
CX-5
I had my 2016 CX-5 in for the recall and they updated the Infotainment system. 2 things I noticed so far is Radio Favorites stays on now with the station you are listening to just has a speaker symbol on the right. The volume on the steering wheel has no delay now, which was one thing that just bothered be before and bug fixes. They are also going to decide what to do about the slight haze spots inside my headlights, supposedly that was fixed with a new seal for the 2016, but I'm getting it.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

I had my 2016 CX-5 in for the recall and they updated the Infotainment system. 2 things I noticed so far is Radio Favorites stays on now with the station you are listening to just has a speaker symbol on the right. The volume on the steering wheel has no delay now, which was one thing that just bothered be before and bug fixes. They are also going to decide what to do about the slight haze spots inside my headlights, supposedly that was fixed with a new seal for the 2016, but I'm getting it.
You have haze spot inside of your headlights? Do you have LED headlights? There're several people here were having similar issue and the whole LED headlight unit got replaced under warranty.

Our 2016 CX-5 was assembled in Jan. 2015. The OS version of infortainment system was "51.00.350". I'd never noticed the delay on steering wheel volume control though. I upgraded it to "55.00.750 NA N" last Dec. when I went to our dealer to update PCM software due to Flexible Maintenance on Oil Change TSB.

You can check current OS version of your infortainment system by going into the setup manual.

2016.5's should have it fixed. 2016's dont. See TSB: http://mazda.oemdtc.com/809/white-m...urface-of-headlight-lens-2013-2016-mazda-cx-5

I have what appears to be a few drips inside my passenger side headlight housing. It looks like the sealant has dripped down or something. Is this something that the dealership should replace? I ask my dealer and they said only if I have standing water in my lights but others on here have had their lights replaced. I'll get some pics if I can.

Also is there a list of all the service bulletins for the 2016 CX-5 somewhere? If I can print off a TSB and take it in during my next oil change I might have better luck getting results.

I have what appears to be a few drips inside my passenger side headlight housing. It looks like the sealant has dripped down or something. Is this something that the dealership should replace? I ask my dealer and they said only if I have standing water in my lights but others on here have had their lights replaced. I'll get some pics if I can.

Also is there a list of all the service bulletins for the 2016 CX-5 somewhere? If I can print off a TSB and take it in during my next oil change I might have better luck getting results.
Yeah make sure to print the TSB craigo provided and show it to your dealer. I showed the printout of Flexible Maintenance on Oil Change TSB to the service advisor and he was glad I had it and did the fix within no time.

Could you describe more about the haze inside the headlights? on one of my Led headlights i noticed what looks like "drips" no idea what it is.

Pic's please for everyone to see! I didn't drive the cx-5 today but i can post pics later on tonight if you can't.

In case people haven't looked at the pic in the TSB mentioned by craigo:

attachment.php

3132a.JPG

Thanks for the pics. It seems like that haze is a separate issue from what myself and "Ride92" are noticing. Possibly a new issue post new headlight sealant.

Just a thought. Live with it. It'll go worse. Then before 36k/3 yrs. have them warranty replaced.

Sorry I have no clue and it doesn't state on work order.

Sometime, if you think about it, you can check the version by going to Settings (the gear on the home screen), System tab, About, Version Information.

Yikesss I looked at my cx5 headlights just for the heck of it and saw this. Guess just call dealer? I would imagine they should replace this right.
25ururc.jpg

Yeah make sure to print the TSB craigo provided and show it to your dealer. I showed the printout of Flexible Maintenance on Oil Change TSB to the service advisor and he was glad I had it and did the fix within no time.

What flex oil change TSB are you referring to?

What flex oil change TSB are you referring to?
This "ENGINE OIL FLEXIBLE MAINTENANCE DOES NOT WORK 2014-2016 Mazda" TSB was found by Kedis82ZE8 who was helping me to diagnose flexible maintenance on oil change interval issue. But for some reason the link is now broken but I had it in another post with entire TSB copied.

Had my appointment today for my headlight. Getting both of them replaced. One was bad and the other was in the beginnings, so dealer is just going to do both.

Latest posts

Back