how much does a front bumper cost?

:
2015 Mazda3
I hit a high enough sidewalk that my right front bumper is scratched up now. It seems as if that whole bumper is just under the headlights so I'd think that whole plastic part is easily attachable/detachable. It's a 2015 Mazda 3. Warranty doesn't cover this. Do I make claims with the insurance? I inquired with the dealership about cost of the bumper and got a quote of about $340 just for the part itself. I'm sure painting it and labor would cost probably about as much as the part itself (if done by the dealership). I think the bumper is expensive if buying from the dealership so does anyone here know where I can find it cheaper?

I hit a high enough sidewalk that my right front bumper is scratched up now. It seems as if that whole bumper is just under the headlights so I'd think that whole plastic part is easily attachable/detachable. It's a 2015 Mazda 3. Warranty doesn't cover this. Do I make claims with the insurance? I inquired with the dealership about cost of the bumper and got a quote of about $340 just for the part itself. I'm sure painting it and labor would cost probably about as much as the part itself (if done by the dealership). I think the bumper is expensive if buying from the dealership so does anyone here know where I can find it cheaper?

If you don't want a new one from the dealer you can get a used one that is already painted to your color.

Sites like these allow you to search the auto recyclers..
car-part.com

Does the 36 month/36,000 mile bumper to bumper limited warranty that came with my new 2015 Mazda3 NOT cover this?

Warranty covers factory defects only.

Accidents are covered by your insurance.

If you hit something, you are responsible for paying your insurance deductible, and the insurance company will pay for the remainder of the balance.

For instance, you run your car into a curb, and there is damage to your car. You report the accident to your insurance company, the insurance company will get an estimate to repair, and then you will pay your deductible, and the insurance will cover the rest of the bill.

For example: Damage was estimated at $750, and your deductible is $500... after the repair is completed, you will pay the $500 deductible, and the insurance company will pay the rest of the bill.

Last edited:
Back