Goodbye, CX-5

I only took just under a 3k hit on my 15 cx5 with 30k miles when I traded it in on my 15 Durango. Had I not been upside down on my previous car would of broke even. The cx5 holds its value fairly well I think. I got 20k trade in on my cx5 when I traded it in.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Wow. I only paid $21.9K for my Touring with 28k miles, and got $2K over KBB on my Jeep. Was yours loaded?

You dodged a bullet. The Focus I had was a nightmare with neither Ford or the dealership giving a damn about making it right. I will never spend another penny on a Ford product if I can help it.

I'm about to sell my CX5 and take a pretty big financial hit as well. I just don't like the vehicle. The GPS is a joke, bluetooth is beyond frustrating, the squeaking and rattling is annoying, radio reception is a joke, uncomfortable seat, lowbeams are horrible, and on and on and on.

Overall it has been a reliable car that drives well but to many small issues are adding up and I am starting to hate driving it.

Enjoy the VW they are nice little cars.

I was getting annoyed with the bluetooth constantly dropping my phone, and then not being able to reconnect until I restarted the car.

I am definitely enjoying the Dub, haha.

I said exact same thing to my friends who were questioning me why I kept getting the VW's during my younger years... :)

Haha. If the car doesn't need anything major before 100k, I will be happy. The amount of time it will take me to get to 100k will be at least 7-8 years, which at that point I hope I'll be able to get a secondary vehicle so it won't be an issue.

I only took just under a 3k hit on my 15 cx5 with 30k miles when I traded it in on my 15 Durango. Had I not been upside down on my previous car would of broke even. The cx5 holds its value fairly well I think. I got 20k trade in on my cx5 when I traded it in.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I got 19k for my trade with 9k miles on it.

I said exact same thing to my friends who were questioning me why I kept getting the VW's during my younger years... :)

Same here...that said I always leased VWs as to never have to deal with any issues after warranty.

I always enjoy seeing the complaints of the infotainment system being crap and the folks who have road noise. I can easily fix these issues.

Thanks for bringing up the Radio Reception. I made a thread about this with few complaints so either most are fine with mediocre reception or listen to satellite/internet radio.

It's amazing how in a metropolitan area it can be so weak

Yes. It is pretty ridiculous. I have a 2007 F150 that gets better reception than my "new" car. And I can't blame the antenna because my WRX had the same style and it was fine. Who knows.

I always enjoy seeing the complaints of the infotainment system being crap and the folks who have road noise. I can easily fix these issues.

Well, yeah, you can "easily fix" anything about a vehicle. There are 10 second family vans rolling around out there, and so on and so forth, but a lot of people don't want to buy a new vehicle just to mod it. Some do, of course, but the bulk of customers stop at window tint.

Yes. It is pretty ridiculous. I have a 2007 F150 that gets better reception than my "new" car. And I can't blame the antenna because my WRX had the same style and it was fine. Who knows.

Tried mine the other day. Dunno if the station was far away, or what, but it was terrible reception. I listen to Pandora though, so it's not a big deal. For someone who doesn't though, I'm sure it's not fun.

Tried mine the other day. Dunno if the station was far away, or what, but it was terrible reception. I listen to Pandora though, so it's not a big deal. For someone who doesn't though, I'm sure it's not fun.

My Pandora listening has definitely increased because of this car.

While I am complaining I still don't think the CX-5's are a bad car by any means. They have their positives as well.

I primarily use Pandora as well.

My Pandora listening has definitely increased because of this car.

While I am complaining I still don't think the CX-5's are a bad car by any means. They have their positives as well.

I think it's the best bang for the buck in its class, personally. Kindof an afterthought, as I bought mine without doing more than researching reliability on my cellphone at the dealer lot, but still, glad I ended up in it. I would not rather a RAV orCRV or other similar. The Forester looks far better to me, but it's dog slow ("hazard slow", I call it), or you have to pay more and fill it with premium in the XT model.

Back