Front license plate bracket

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Did your CX-5 come with a factory license plate bracket or mount?

Any pics?

Our new 2016.5 did not come with any mounting bracket and I'm not sure if it was supposed to have one or not. NJ requires front plate, so I'm not sure if plate just gets mounted directly to bumper cover or if there is supposed to be a Mazda part between the plate and bumper cover.

Thanks!

No bracket. Just run the mounting screws through the plate holes and into the little indent marks on the bumper valance.

I used a couple of stainless steel self-tapping number 14 screws and washers from Home Depot for mine.

There was/is no stock mounting bracket for the front. However, I do not like just having the plate right up against the paint. If I were you I'd either consider leaving it off if the holes haven't been screwed into yet, you could just play dumb if ever stopped for it. Or get a license plate holder to mount the plat into. I really like the metal Mazda ones found in the dealerships or online, amazon has them. They come with little bumpers to fit between the bracket and the car .

I had the same problem of needed a bracket when I moved to VA.
I went to advance auto or autozone and got some of their licence plate stuff. One little kit had some stand off rubber disks, and on that I put a bracket, and then the plate, and then a clear bubble covering. I put the clear top on because of the crazy amount of bugs I get on the front end, and that is easier to clean than the lic plate. Total was like $20.

Back