any news on 2017/2018 Mazdaspeed 3?

DiS

In Soviet Russia...
Contributor
:
2016 Subaru WRX Crystal White Pearl
Hi folks. Anybody have any info about the new 2017/2018 Mazdaspeed 3 yet? Mazda is being super hush hush about this, and I have yet to see any press releases at Geneva and Japan Auto Shows. They need to friggin come out with some info already. My lease is coming to an end this July and I REALLY am hoping that something's going to give and the new AWD mazdaspeed 3 will be out... Something tells me that this won't happen though, which is really upsetting. I REALLY want to get another Mazda, but there are literally no options for my needs right now besides a Subaru. Three main things that need to have: manual trans., AWD, boosted. Of course there are BMW's and Audi's, but I steer clear of german cars. Nothing but trouble speaking from personal experience. Not to mention the price tag on them.

Hi folks. Anybody have any info about the new 2017/2018 Mazdaspeed 3 yet? Mazda is being super hush hush about this, and I have yet to see any press releases at Geneva and Japan Auto Shows. They need to friggin come out with some info already. My lease is coming to an end this July and I REALLY am hoping that something's going to give and the new AWD mazdaspeed 3 will be out... Something tells me that this won't happen though, which is really upsetting. I REALLY want to get another Mazda, but there are literally no options for my needs right now besides a Subaru. Three main things that need to have: manual trans., AWD, boosted. Of course there are BMW's and Audi's, but I steer clear of german cars. Nothing but trouble speaking from personal experience. Not to mention the price tag on them.

There is a New vehicle release scheduled for 3/22 at 725pm EST at the New York Auto Show... FINGERS CROSSED>>>>(naughty)

here is an excerpt from the email I received today...

"Sometimes there are exclusive events you don't want to miss. Like this one. Mazda will be revealing a new vehicle to the world. It's so secretive, we can't even give you a hint.

Be among the first to watch this special live reveal of a new Mazda vehicle from the New York International Auto Show on Tuesday, March 22 at 7:25 p.m. EST at Inside​Mazda.c​om.

When your passion for driving begins at the drawing board, you build vehicles like the one we'll be revealing in New York. We don't do it for fame. Or to meet quotas. We do it because we are obsessively determined to make every drive the very best it can be.

Mark your calendar. Hold on to your seat."

Last edited:
As far as this reveal tomorrow(3/22), the speculation is a Miata coupe or folding hardtop. Who knows, it may even be an RX-8. A new MS3 is unlikely. There has been no indication of track testing a suspected Gen 3 MS3 and no news of an upgraded Skyactive Turbo engine. A new MS3, is like the mythical unicorn! Mazda is not really interested in sport compacts anymore. Mazda is the only manufacturer without a performance car too. :(

Last edited:
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/deep-dive-inside-the-mazda-skyactiv-2-5t-turbo-engine/
As far as this reveal tomorrow(3/22), the speculation is a Miata coupe or folding hardtop. Who knows, it may even be an RX-8. A new MS3 is unlikely. There has been no indication of track testing a suspected Gen 3 MS3 and no news of an upgraded Skyactive Turbo engine. A new MS3, is like the mythical unicorn! Mazda is not really interested in sport compacts anymore. Mazda is the only manufacturer without a performance car too. :(

Well, when all else fails...we will figure out a way to make our own :p

Im incredibly keen to get one too.
I reckon it will be released next year, together with the mid-life update for the Mazda3.

If you think about it. There is no point in releasing it now, then updating the car and having to redesign it again.

So for now, Im sticking with my current Mazda3 and if they do release a Speed3 I will trade mine in. Otherwise I will be looking at a Levorg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaaaaaaaaand I bought a '16 Subaru WRX as my lease was up on my Hyundai. Needed AWD for work so I can have a piece of mind that i'll make it to work safely during winter/blizzard. Boy this thing boogies!

aaaaaaaaaand I bought a '16 Subaru WRX as my lease was up on my Hyundai. Needed AWD for work so I can have a piece of mind that i'll make it to work safely during winter/blizzard. Boy this thing boogies!

Nice pick! I have been looking at them also... The $299 / $1800 down lease is tempting! (lol2)

Back