LED Headlight Leveling Issue on 2016 CX-5 GT

bgwilliams78

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
I was driving this evening and I noticed the headlights were tilted downward and not shining out as far as they normally do. I know the headlights are supposed to level automatically when you start the vehicle, but they are definitely out.

Anyone else have any issues with the leveling of the LED headlights on the '16 CX-5'?

It has been covered before so I'm just going to post a link to that thread.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123851984-Raise-the-headlight-on-2016-w-Tec-amp-Isense&highlight=headlight

I guess there are load sensors that need to be checked if they are installed properly. I haven't checked mine but will be looking into it soon. If you read through that thread you should find the info you are looking for. if not feel free to ask any other questions, I know every car and case is different.

Just to follow up...

I followed the thread and tested the headlight auto level system with and without weight. Neither triggered the system to self adjust the headlights.

I am guessing the system has malfunctioned, as the headlight auto level system always worked.

Currently with the car parked in the driveway on a slight decline, the headlight beam cutoff distance is about 5ft shorter than it was a week ago.

I have an appointment next week to get it checked.

Thanks for the help.

Just to update...

I had my car in the garage this week and the headlight leveling sensor is indeed faulty. New one is on order.

Regards,

I had the same problem with my 7 months old CX-5 2016.5 AWD LIMITED. PLease check the video on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYj9-24aAhE
I brought it in to the dealership to get fixed, they said that the left headlight was faulty and they had it replaced... it only took one day for them to get it replaced ( really? ) Anyways, I just thought that maybe they already had a spare part available in their shop so I took their word for it and besides its still covered by warranty. When I got home and inspected it, I noticed that the headlight was not really replaced 'coz it still had the reflective sticker that I have put unto it. They probably have just repaired it ( those lying buggers ) and the only thing I found out different was there is a sticker attached to it that seems to be their quality inspection thingy. Anyway, headlight is working fine now, and hoping that it won't have the same issue again, 'coz I was thinking on how much will it cost to get it repaired or replaced if its already out of warranty.

Back