What's involved with swapping 2016 GT headlight assemblies to Touring or Sport?

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Has anyone completed or attempted such a swap?

What is involved (besides procuring the GT headlamp assemblies) with swapping those over to a Touring or Sport model?

Thx

Well, 2016 GT headlight units are the same as your Touring and Sport, why do you want to swap? :)

If you're talking about LED headlight units, that are included in the Tech Package. I believe you missed the chance to have them cheap at time when you're purchasing the CX-5 Touring. Each LED headlight assembly cost around $1,200 as a part!

I've seen people replacing their standard tail lights with LED tail light units which is simple plug-and-play. I'm pretty sure the front would be a lot more involved as the LED headlights also come with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) which will turn your headlights left-and-right according to your steering wheel angle and up-and-down according to your load. You definitely need several sensors and some software updates to make AFS work.

Well, 2016 GT headlight units are the same as your Touring and Sport, why do you want to swap? :)

If you're talking about LED headlight units, that are included in the Tech Package. I believe you missed the chance to have them cheap at time when you're purchasing the CX-5 Touring. Each LED headlight assembly cost around $1,200 as a part!

I've seen people replacing their standard tail lights with LED tail light units which is simple plug-and-play. I'm pretty sure the front would be a lot more involved as the LED headlights also come with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) which will turn your headlights left-and-right according to your steering wheel angle and up-and-down according to your load. You definitely need several sensors and some software updates to make AFS work.

Hmmm... I thought the GT headlight assemblies were possibly Xenon w/ the curved LED strip as opposed to the Halogens found on the Sport and Touring?

Yes, our 2016.5 has the LED tails on it - very nice!

My 2015 Grand Touring with Tech Package has Bi-Xenon headlights. They work great with the auto-leveling and aiming etc. It took a little getting used to the dark horizon when just the low beams are on but overall i think they are great. It would be interesting to compare them to the 2016 GT Tech.

i have 2015 model i want to swap my taillight to the new taillight like 2016 model does work will and the plugs of the cable is the same ? sorry to asking here ^^

i have 2015 model i want to swap my taillight to the new taillight like 2016 model does work will and the plugs of the cable is the same ? sorry to asking here ^^
Several people had reported that the 2016 LED taillights are plug-and-play for standard taillights.

My 2015 Grand Touring with Tech Package has Bi-Xenon headlights. They work great with the auto-leveling and aiming etc. It took a little getting used to the dark horizon when just the low beams are on but overall i think they are great. It would be interesting to compare them to the 2016 GT Tech.

Here you go: http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/dadda-d/media/CX5 Headlights/2.jpg.html
Just click next for the HID CX5.

Both look very nice and bright. I think the 16 is closer to pure white than the HID. Can't go wrong with either.

It looks like the LED headlights have a cooler truer color temperature but it looks to me like the Bi-Xenons have a wider swath (is that a word?) They light up the pavement and fence more.

I still want to get the 2016 tail light assemblies, but how does one justify $700 in parts?

Back