Has anyone used the "MZD Assistent" app for modifying Infotainment system?

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hey all,

Not new to auto forums - but just purchased the wife a new Mazda CX-5 and I had some questions regarding the Mazda Infotainment system.

I read on here and via googling there are various ways to stop or limit the Infotainment start up pop up (have to click agree or OK every time starting the CX-5). While googling I came across an app available for the iPhone which says it will allow a Mazda owner to do the following:

1) update or change Infotainment background picture
2) remove touchscreen restrictions
3) reduce disclaimer time

App states there is no need to hook up a laptop to make the above changes - it can all be done via "one click" functions within the app. It's produced by "Fabian Boulegue". The app is called "MZD Assistent - for Mazda Infotainment System".

Any info (pros/cons) that any of you can post up (if anyone has used it) would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have all of the above "hacks" but not through the app. The hacks can easily be done by downloading the Tweak Master Bundle into a USB and start the Infotainment with the USB plugged in, relatively safe.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ronics/104730-index-infotainment-project.html

I guess I can make an app that puts the Tweak Bundle on the phone storage, then you would plug the phone into the car as a USB storage device when you turn on the car, same thing?

I have all of the above "hacks" but not through the app. The hacks can easily be done by downloading the Tweak Master Bundle into a USB and start the Infotainment with the USB plugged in, relatively safe.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ronics/104730-index-infotainment-project.html

I guess I can make an app that puts the Tweak Bundle on the phone storage, then you would plug the phone into the car as a USB storage device when you turn on the car, same thing?

Which version works on the 2016?

Does it have any access to do Android screen mirroring?

Which version works on the 2016?

Does it have any access to do Android screen mirroring?

I have firmware v55.00.753A. I downloaded the v55.753_Apply_Tweaks_USB_MASTER_BUNDLE.zip file and applied it. If you're familiar with Bash/Linux, you can also edit the "tweaks.sh" file in the bundle to customize what you want.

This project had some mirroring capability for Android (requiring Wifi to be enabled, which the Master Tweak Bundle does provide), but development has stopped as the Wifi connection was not stable enough:
http://www.lukasz-skalski.com/portfolio/mazda-media-player/

Might as well paste the text of readme.txt from the bundle here for reference:
*tested on v55.00.753A North America*

Copy all files from the MASTER folder to the root of a blank FAT32 flash drive.
(Don't copy the folder itself, just the stuff inside)
--config (folder)
--4 files

Unplug any other USB or SD from the car except this drive.
Turn on the car and wait for the "Tweaks Applied" window to appear (could be 20-30 sec)

**Change what mods get applied by modifying tweaks.sh**

*Use Notepad++ with the EOL Conversion set to UNIX/OSX* (in the Edit menu)

Each tweak is commented to indicate the corresponding lines of code and separated by a blank line.
Just remove the block of code for the tweaks you don't want.

Replace background.png inside the config folder with your own 800x480 .png if you want to use your own image.

**YOU MUST RESTART THE SYSTEM FOR THE TWEAKS
TO APPLY BY HOLDING DOWN BACK+MUTE+NAV FOR A FEW SECONDS****

Here are the tweaks currently set to activate (in order):

--reduce disclaimer from 3.5 sec to 0.1 sec
--enable the touchscreen while moving (causes the compass to stop changing direction)
--turn on wi-fi
--change the background image
--remove the safety warning label from the reverse camera
--remove the blank album art frame

I actually had the touch screen hack disabled as it interferes with the Enhanced Compass app I installed. Basically the hack disables the compass, tricking the car into thinking that it's always stationary.

Last edited:
I have firmware v55.00.753A. I downloaded the v55.753_Apply_Tweaks_USB_MASTER_BUNDLE.zip file and applied it. If you're familiar with Bash/Linux, you can also edit the "tweaks.sh" file in the bundle to customize what you want.

So just put that zip file onto a USB drive, plug it into the cars USB, fire it up and let it download and your done?

Is it really that easy?

Is it stable or does the Infotainment system tend to crash?

So just put that zip file onto a USB drive, plug it into the cars USB, fire it up and let it download and your done?

Is it really that easy?

Is it stable or does the Infotainment system tend to crash?

Yup, it's that easy (but follow the instructions in readme.txt on what to copy, not the whole zip file as-is onto USB drive). My system hasn't crashed once, before or after. I do listen to music from Pandora and a USB flash drive, my phone automatically connects to the car (Bluetooth) everytime. There's also a hack to re-order the list of devices (e.g. moving Pandora to top, ...)

I don't have the Mazda's NAV SD card. Instead I installed the Enhanced Compass app (similar procedure with a USB drive), and put the compiled map tiles on the SD card. It doesn't do navigation (as I have Google Maps on my phone), but it's helpful to see where you are, and I can figure where I need to go easily, very stable so far.

Yup, it's that easy (but follow the instructions in readme.txt on what to copy, not the whole zip file as-is onto USB drive). My system hasn't crashed once, before or after. I do listen to music from Pandora and a USB flash drive, my phone automatically connects to the car (Bluetooth) everytime. There's also a hack to re-order the list of devices (e.g. moving Pandora to top, ...)

I don't have the Mazda's NAV SD card. Instead I installed the Enhanced Compass app (similar procedure with a USB drive), and put the compiled map tiles on the SD card. It doesn't do navigation (as I have Google Maps on my phone), but it's helpful to see where you are, and I can figure where I need to go easily, very stable so far.

I did the USB install and it worked like a champ! Thanks!

How do I install the Android screen mirroring? I know they have one with a USB cord that doesn't use the WiFi, just the USB

I did the USB install and it worked like a champ! Thanks!

How do I install the Android screen mirroring? I know they have one with a USB cord that doesn't use the WiFi, just the USB

Keep us updated! Curious to see if you get it figured out.

Keep us updated! Curious to see if you get it figured out.

I got the screen mirroring to work but you have to activate the WiFi on the car and the HotSpot on your phone. Then plug in the USB to the car port and phone and you get screen mirroring.

I got the screen mirroring to work but you have to activate the WiFi on the car and the HotSpot on your phone. Then plug in the USB to the car port and phone and you get screen mirroring.

Which method did you use? I just tried the Android CastScreen app, and it works really well with USB cable with only slight delay.

The steps I did:
- download and install "CastScreen Android App" on my G2 (5.1.1)
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...714-infotainment-project-486.html#post1603929

- instead of following the original instructions in the above link, download the USB install script (mirroring_fixed.zip). Installation is similar to the Tweak Master Bundle. This script copies the binaries to the right place, and hooks the initialization to internal "stage_wifi.sh" so that the receiver will run (and wait for cast from phone) when the system starts. Remember to delete the installation files from USB when done.
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...714-infotainment-project-489.html#post1607049

- start the Infotainment, plug the phone into USB cable with debug mode on, start the Cast Screen app with these settings: H264, 800x480@160, 1Mpbs, 127.0.0.1 then press Input Receiver (or punch in your car's wifi IP if you want to cast via wifi). Then hit the Start button near top-right to cast.

If you only cast via USB cable, you don't even need to have wifi enabled on your phone or the car. I thought "stage_wifi.sh" only runs when wifi is enabled in the car, but after the initial installation, I can cast the screen even with car wifi off on boot. It looks like the devs figured out that "stage_wifi.sh" runs on init and is using it as the auto-start hook.

Last edited:
2016 and newer models I assume?

Also curious about this - assuming so since didn't Mazda3 get an updated infotainment long before the CX-5? Saw that posts about this were starting over there back in 2014.

That's the problem with mirroring. You have to connect it via USB. Problem is, the USB doesn't charge the phone properly.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Will this work? 1 USB connected to a powerbank, 1 USB connected to the infotainment USB port and 1 to the mobile device?

StarTech 3-Feet USB Y Cable for External Hard Drive - Dual USB A to Micro B (USB2HAUBY3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It is so I can charge my mobile device properly instead of the weak 1.0amp from the stock Mazda ports.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Back