Clutch news for my '14 sport 2

okvol

:
2014 Mazda 2 sport
Under warranty, Mazda has replaced the master cylinder and has a new o-ring seal for the fluid line being shipped from corporate. Apparently the new seal is an improved design.

The symptoms I had was the clutch mechanism under the dash popping when depressed, and popping again when released. Also, I had a carpet stain under the master cylinder. The mechanism itself was wet with fluid.

If your clutch starts popping, get it serviced.

I have 23K miles on my car.

They loaned me a '14 6 for now. It will barely fit in my garage, where I had plenty of room for my 2.

Woh, thanks for the heads-up, my car is exhibiting the same popping feel/sound.

Update: they actually shipped an updated master cylinder for the clutch in, and replaced the pedal also on the 2nd fix. All is fine now.

Whoa~! Thanks for the update again, OK Vol! Would you have the new part # for the updated master cylinder by any chance?

Seems a bit strange that they also saw a need to replace the (clutch) pedal though...

Sorry, no I don't have the part #. The service foreman found it in an internal tech update.

The clutch master and pedal assembly are integral to each other. You can't buy one without the other.

DR-61-41-300A

Also I see no bulletins anywhere. Do you have a document number? Internal bulletins generally show up at least on one of the 3 tech sites I have access to. It sounds like the part may have just been superceded and showed up in their parts ordering program(which I do not have access to).

Back