Audio out of sync with video on mobile devices

DCSanders

:
2016 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring
Forgive me if this has already been discussed...
When playing videos with my iPhone or other mobile device, the audio is out of sync with the video. This is a problem with USB and Bluetooth connection.
I recently took my car in for this problem. They updated the software and it did not fix the problem.
Is there a fix or workaround for this?

If you are watching video on your phone with Bluetooth audio over the car speakers you will always have a delay due to processing on the head unit. Not much you can do about that other than delay the video but not sure how you would go about that. The only way I found to get it in sync is use the aux input cable for sound. I've had to do this on my cx-5 when I had it, my Durango, f250, and protg with good results.

Thanks. I have never had this issue with any other car. I really believe this is a bug in the software or hardware. I'm very disappointed.

Im pretty disappointed about the lag also. I still have this issue even when my phone is connected directly with the usb cable.

Thanks for your suggestion. It is a substandard workaround which requires another cable to clutter up things. And it won't sound as good either. I wish there was a way to communicate this issue directly to Mazda. Any suggestions on how to contact the Audio engineers at Mazda USA?

I have an iPhone 6. On bluetooth it is slow, but when i connect to usb is works pretty well.

Thanks for your suggestion. It is a substandard workaround which requires another cable to clutter up things. And it won't sound as good either. I wish there was a way to communicate this issue directly to Mazda. Any suggestions on how to contact the Audio engineers at Mazda USA?
Well its a substandard workaround that works better than the factory bluetooth. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back