To those with cork sport springs

16cx-5

:
2016 cx5
To those with cork sport lowering springs do you guys feel that the front struts bottom out more? I read a few reviews where some people said that.

Don't do it. Unless your getting struts too. If you want that low get a coilover. I know Tibimaki has them and I think a guy form Hawaii has them on here.

Don't do it. Unless your getting struts too. If you want that low get a coilover. I know Tibimaki has them and I think a guy form Hawaii has them on here.

Hey Chris, i got a second hand corksport spring from e-bay. I will reach 75k miles soon and planning to get the spring and the struts at the same time.
Any input on a good struts to combine with the corksport spring ?

The only ones I know of are konis, unless you want to order JDM, such as auto exe from japanparts.com

I was wondering about this as well.
I believe, that the Koni-s show that are better used up to a 2" drop, or something like that.
Cork springs, are much lower.

I've been running my corksports for over 20k miles now and have over 87k total miles on the car. It doesn't bottom out much unless I hit a large pothole.

I've been running my corksports for over 20k miles now and have over 87k total miles on the car. It doesn't bottom out much unless I hit a large pothole.

Did you change the shock/tires already @87k, or still using stock ?

Anyway, here are my shop list so far :

- corksport spring, got it already for $87.15 via e-bay.
- autoexe tie-rod end, thinking to buy it directly when i travel to tokyo next december.
- megan racing CAMBER ARM KIT, currently listed for $192.89 @ebay.

I was also looking at corksport camber plate ($359.99), but if the autoexe tie-rod can fix the front chamber, then it will be cheaper to go with the autoexe tie-rod. That is if i can get it cheaper.

Did you change the shock/tires already @87k, or still using stock ?

Anyway, here are my shop list so far :

- corksport spring, got it already for $87.15 via e-bay.
- autoexe tie-rod end, thinking to buy it directly when i travel to tokyo next december.
- megan racing CAMBER ARM KIT, currently listed for $192.89 @ebay.

I was also looking at corksport camber plate ($359.99), but if the autoexe tie-rod can fix the front chamber, then it will be cheaper to go with the autoexe tie-rod. That is if i can get it cheaper.

man you got the springs cheaper than the camber kits.

Autoexe outer tie rod is next for me. The oem ball doesn't hold up well on lowered cars.

I don't understand what this tie rod does?
I'm looking at the pictures, but still I don't understand how it should work.

I don't understand what this tie rod does?
I'm looking at the pictures, but still I don't understand how it should work.

The design of the joint let's ot articulate "twice" so that when the car is lower, the LCA is a lower angle, as is the oem tie rod. This puts the ball joint in the outer tie rod at a less than 90 degree angle which puts extra stress on it. Overtime, it may develop a squeak, like mine, especially with the humid climate. Mine started happening after I lowered the front camber.

zu_s_tierodend.jpg

Last edited:
Back