A set of accessories not working: radio, information display, console, p.windows...

j4k3

:
Mazda, 6, HB, 2006
Hi

I have a Mazda 6 2.0 HB 2006 and it has some electrical problems that don't stop me from driving but do annoy me.

All of following accessories do not work:
radio, information display, center console lights, power windows, interior lights, remote lock (bang)

This problem became reality after some occasional weird behaviour.
Mentioned accessories were mainly working until they "faded" away; working properly hours, then minutes and now nothing at all.
Nowadays the radio might suddenly turn for a second but really rarely.

I've checked fuses from main fuse block - all OK
Relays - really can't tell whether their okay or not
I've tried to google this but nothing really matches this.

I would be a lot if I could see how these accessories relate together or do they.
It seems like they must have something in common and perhaps one solution could fix them all?

Do these Mazda's have some kind of PCB or similar?

Perhaps have someone test the BCM.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Perhaps have someone test the BCM.

Hi,

Gr8, what is BCM? How does one test it and is it more of a DIY or for pros only?
Expensive to test and/or to replace?

Body Control Module. They pretty much control everything the ECU doesn't these days. Just a hunch on that one. A pro needs to plug it in.

Body Control Module. They pretty much control everything the ECU doesn't these days. Just a hunch on that one. A pro needs to plug it in.

Thanks! I'm a bit confused at the moment with BCM, PCM and ECU.
BCM = Body Control Module
PCM = Power Control Module?
ECU = Electronic Control Unit

Wikipedia states that PCM = BCM,ECU and other control units either as separate units or combined i.e. PCM.

I did a bit of research regarding the BCM and found out that one can reset it like a computer.
And like computers they tend to function better after that. I'll give it a shot.

Well, you sir certainly pointed me to the right direction.

I just reset the BCM and every bell and whistle is now functioning properly (yippy)

Back