Help Diagnose Brakes?

Keatonc

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
I know this may considered a Brake and Suspension topic, however this is performance in my opinion. 2001 Mazda protege MP3, rear brake calipers. During this winter car worked fine, as soon as the temperature outside reaches 65F+, the rear Passenger side caliper locks up, starting the drive without any drag, after about 5 miles almost completely locks up. So on the route home, I stopped multiple times to try and release (what I thought was air) from the caliper. Open the bleeder, air does come out that was compressed from high heat, then no fluid drains even through vacuum. After I finally got the caliper to stop freezing, it seems to not be working at all and now the OTHER (drivers side) rear caliper is freezing up in the same condition. So I repeated the same procedure, same results, and now I cant tell which one is dragging and when. Any ideas on why there isnt fluid coming through? FullSizeRender.jpg

Was someone holding the pedal when you opened the bleeder

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yea I tried it again today both gravity bleed and with a helper for a normal bleed. No fluid came out. Drove about 10 miles, after I pulled and released the e-brake my caliper began to act the same way.

Compressing the calipers to see if that frees them up. Then try to bleed them

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back