Fuel Injectors work but No Spark. Please Help Urgent.

0-to-100

:
Mazda, Proteg LX, FS-DE
Alright guys, so here's a quick back story.
I was coming back home on the freeway right after work going roughly around 80mph when my 03 protege lx (FS) MT non-turbo overheated and turned off on me. Since this happened while the car was still in motion, I attempted to start it again while I still had plenty of speed. It turned on but only for a few seconds and then the car turned off again. With the speed I managed to exit the freeway and pull into a gas station safely. Its been about 3 months since that incident and I have just installed a new engine since the old one lost most of its compression and was beyond repairing.

This new engine is straight from Japan and came off an AT protege. It came with all new ign coils, wires, sensors, harnesses, heads, crank case, oil pan, pumps, you name it everything is practically new (50k miles) on it. But now that I have installed it I have no spark coming out of the spark plugs. I checked the ignition coils and there's no current passing through I've checked the fuse (Green Ign Fuse) and the fuse box part of it was slightly charred, but there was still current running through it so I replaced the Green Fuse and still nothing. The problem seems to be coming from somewhere before the ignition coils since even that wire had no current flow. I've checked all wires, connections, and grounds to see if I have missed something but everything is in place. I've even tried the pcm (it's the original pcm) reset trick to see if that would refresh the system since I installed a new engine.
Please Mazda community I need your help since I need this vehicle for work. Anybody know what could be going on?

Last edited:
Alright guys, thanks for taking the time to review my problem, sadly nobody came up with a solution. But still you guys took time to review my situation, in case any of what I described happens too you follow what I did.
I took it to my local automotive technician, they had an obdII scan tool, and after a quick look it turned out a cable from the pcm to ign coil was fried. I still had current going through it but never used an amp meter to check the readings. They were off by bit acting erratic. So 100 dollars later I'm happy to say that the Black Pearl is up and running once more. Hope this helps.

Back