Ever wonder what the little gas pump symbol...

Buzzer777

:
Mazda,CX-5, AWD,2015 Grand Touring, Meteor Gray Mica
Ever wonder what the little gas pump symbol just to the left of the gas pump symbol is on the dash? Well, if you happen to own more than one car that has the fuel filler cap on the Passenger side (as in Subarus), and have always forgotten which side to pull in on when filling up...Just look at the the dashboard fuel arrow.It indicates what direction the car should go relative to the gas station pump fill...Silly BUT, only took me 25 yrs to figure what/why that little symbol is there for(bang).

Ever wonder what the little gas pump symbol just to the left of the gas pump symbol is on the dash? Well, if you happen to own more than one car that has the fuel filler cap on the Passenger side (as in Subarus), and have always forgotten which side to pull in on when filling up...Just look at the the dashboard fuel arrow.It indicates what direction the car should go relative to the gas station pump fill...Silly BUT, only took me 25 yrs to figure what/why that little symbol is there for(bang).

Better late than never . . .

Most people I have met have no idea that this arrow points to the filler, I can probably count on one hand the number of people that do. When pulling into a gas station as a passenger in a rental I have been asked how I knew so quickly what side to go to, I usually take a peek. :)

I thought that was common knowledge. The fuel filler neck is located on the opposite side of the exhaust system outlet, unless you have dual exhaust.

This is funny, our two vehicles have fuel caps on opposite sides. Who drives up to the pump and doesn't know?! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is funny, our two vehicles have fuel caps on opposite sides. Who drives up to the pump and doesn't know?! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My previous car, a 2006 mazda3, had it on the opposite side of my cx-5. To this day I still occasionally drive up to the wrong side...

I kinda wish the gas filler was on the right side like my Infiniti... more open lanes at Costco... :) yeah I know they have longer hoses but still easier on the correct side of vehicle.

Ah, I always wondered why it didn't light up when the fuel door was opened...(zombies)

If there is no arrow then the side of the cluster the symbol or gauge is on usually is the side the filler is on

How-to-Find-the-Gas-Tank-on-a-Rental-Car.jpg

I kinda wish the gas filler was on the right side like my Infiniti... more open lanes at Costco... :) yeah I know they have longer hoses but still easier on the correct side of vehicle.

Be happy it's on the driver's side. It's much safer for you in a bad area if you need fuel as you are much closer to the driver's door if you need to get back in in a hurry. (nervous)

Back