DRL After system update

AJ_Greiner

:
2018 CX-5 Touring w/ Preferred Package
Got my car back after the recall. While they had it I asked for an oil change and to update the system if needed. Now that I got it back I noticed the DRL only come on when the car is in drive and moving. Once I put it in park the lights go off. Anyone else seeing this or is something wrong?

Thanks

Got my car back after the recall. While they had it I asked for an oil change and to update the system if needed. Now that I got it back I noticed the DRL only come on when the car is in drive and moving. Once I put it in park the lights go off. Anyone else seeing this or is something wrong?
My DRLs act like this since new...

Mazda DRLs don't come on until you shift out of park. At least in America.

However, as soon as you turn on your parking or headlights the DRLs will come on, even in park.

Last edited:
I notice mine go off after just the one click or more up on the parking brake. So sounds normal

on a totally unrelated topic.... does anyone know if email is available through control console after successful Bluetooth connection? I know text read (and speak) works . just wondering if talk to text for email is available. I have a CX5 2016. GS .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on a totally unrelated topic.... does anyone know if email is available through control console after successful Bluetooth connection? I know text read (and speak) works . just wondering if talk to text for email is available. I have a CX5 2016. GS .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see a way for it to see your emails. Only read texts and you can't even reply to them.

I don't see a way for it to see your emails. Only read texts and you can't even reply to them.

You can reply to texts. Now only with the set(but modifiable) 15 or so prewritten texts, but it can be done. So what I did was modify them to things I commonly text back to people or that is optimal for when I'm driving. If it doesn't fit any of those, it can wait till I'm not driving.

Mine were always on after starting the car. Maybe my software was older.

FWIW - our 16' CX-5 DRL come on as soon as the engine is started. I often take notice because we park in the garage. Maybe ours is on an older version too.

FWIW - our 16' CX-5 DRL come on as soon as the engine is started. I often take notice because we park in the garage. Maybe ours is on an older version too.

That's odd. Do you have your headlights set to auto by chance, and all are coming on?

Neither my 2016 CX5 nor 2014 3 had DRLs that came on when in park with the rest of the lights off.

Ours is pretty bright, but now you have me curious - I will check it out this afternoon sometime.

It doesn't have to be very dark to trigger the automatic headlights coming on. Having said that, I have noticed it takes a bit of time for the auto lights to come on if you've been under some very bright lights, like at a gas station at night. I drove out from under the pump area recently, and had to wait about 15 seconds in pitch black night for the lights to come on (I decided to wait and see how long it would take rather than turning them on manually). That didn't seem right to me, as the difference in lighting was night and day... literally.

So this is odd - I went to check my DRL function out of curiosity from this post, and although I KNOW I've seen DRL on the vehicle from my wife driving in the past, I can't seem to see them now.

I tested on the driveway with the car in drive and the e-brake enabled - the front-end had no lights at all! If I turn on the headlights manually or pull in the garage with them on auto the regular headlights come on, but I can't seem to find any trace of DRL.

Unless they are so dim they are hard to see in the daylight?

So this is odd - I went to check my DRL function out of curiosity from this post, and although I KNOW I've seen DRL on the vehicle from my wife driving in the past, I can't seem to see them now.

I tested on the driveway with the car in drive and the e-brake enabled - the front-end had no lights at all! If I turn on the headlights manually or pull in the garage with them on auto the regular headlights come on, but I can't seem to find any trace of DRL.

Unless they are so dim they are hard to see in the daylight?

Someone else mentioned the DRLs will turn off when the e-brake is on. That's probably why they shut off. They're incredibly bright and very easy to see in the daytime.

Back