Destiny has given me a wagon!

LeviathanP5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Salutations,
As the title that lured you in states, Destiny has indeed thrown me into a 2002 Mazda Protege5. 128k miles on the clock, 5 speed, one owner(military), and clean Carfax. So the story goes as followed, I got into my first fender bender 5 days before my 25th birthday..!@#$%&+ universe. So my mom calls me up a couple weeks later and tells me to take her to look at a 04 Mazda 6 Wagon V6 my girlfriend and I were eyeballing. We decided to look at craigslist first and see what we find. Post wasn't even up for 20 minutes on the Protege and I called the guy. Met with em, arrived minutes before another buyer. Test drove it, and $3500 TT&L I got a wagon.

Everything is firm and clean except for some hail dings, wear on seats, and fading paint on the spoiler. No check engine lights or leaks. I'm new to Mazdas, but not imports. messed with Hondas.

Thank you for your time and hope to chat with you guys! Will add pictures soon.

12710742_1148748481832684_6923216883931222300_o.jpg

Last edited:
..., Destiny has indeed thrown me into a 2002 Mazda Protege5. 128k miles on the clock, 5 speed, ...

I don't know who Destiny is but she threw you into a nice car...

PS.. Pretty sure you've got a 2003.... That's when they added the side marker lights...

Welcome man! Looks very clean. Has it been a Texas car all it's life? Should be rust free I assume? Also very lucky with that. I came from Hondas as well, but the P5 is just as easy to work on and parts are around the same price so it's pretty nice. However, these cars never became hugely popular with aftermarket companies so the parts available isn't a substantial list like most Hondas. There are still plenty of parts though! Have fun with it!

Thank you all! I look forward to learning and chatting! The car is Texas raised and rust free. It's a 5 speed, and I've pretty much find all the aftermarket I think there is. AWR, AAC, RC3, Speed circuit, Racing Beat and Corksport. Basically where my money will be going lol, and getting a second job. My plans are to turbo it, most likely just do a factory setup with the MSP stuff for now and work my way to building a spare block up. This is what I did today, May sand em down again buy honestly want to make it badgeless
12698337_1153853247988874_2624356346657487179_o.jpg

Back