Remote Start Options

:
2009 Mazda 5 Sport
Pretty self-explanatory. Apparently options for the 2009 can be limited. Wondering what anyone's setup is?

I have a 09 also. The PO had a CompuSTAR installed. I have used the CompuSTAR on a previous van that I had and they work pretty good. My only complaint would be that with the remote that I've had. When I have it in my pocket it's sometimes starts,disarms,unlocks,or changes features by having multiple buttons pushed.

I have a 09 also. The PO had a CompuSTAR installed. I have used the CompuSTAR on a previous van that I had and they work pretty good. My only complaint would be that with the remote that I've had. When I have it in my pocket it's sometimes starts,disarms,unlocks,or changes features by having multiple buttons pushed.

So they had a separate key made then and you don't use the factory fob at all, correct?

No, you still use the factory key. You just have an additional remote fob. You use it to lock,unlock,remote start the van.

Here's my setup for this weekend:

AX-ONE-01 (same as Fortin EVO-ONE)
AX-RF2 (same Fortin FTX44)

I bought the Flash-Link module also since I bought a system for my girlfriend's Focus but you can also program it through the valet switch it appears

Assuming all goes well I'll try to write up a better guide

Here's my setup for this weekend:

AX-ONE-01 (same as Fortin EVO-ONE)
AX-RF2 (same Fortin FTX44)

I bought the Flash-Link module also since I bought a system for my girlfriend's Focus but you can also program it through the valet switch it appears

Assuming all goes well I'll try to write up a better guide
Would be great if you can do a guide of some sort. I've always wanted to install my compustar that I've had for a long time. I just hate having to test wires for continuity and waste time poking around. I’m also not sure what is the “best” way to bypass the OEM immobilizer yet still retain some sort of immobilizer function (if that possible today?). Would be awesome if you can give a guide that can narrow down where the wires are. Worst case, compustar alarm for sale (dated model but has remote start + super range (but not two way remote) + opt trigger +full wiring instructions).

I'm running a simple Canadian Tire ProStart (AutoStart rebrand), and a idatalink ADS-TB (for transponder interface), and a PAC-TR7 (pulse module)

So Lock, lock, lock on my factory remote will remote start my car in my driveway.

Next step is to open up the factory remote and see what kinda antenna is in there (need a new battery anyway).

Latest posts

Back