Can't Reply to Text Messages - Delete Doesn't Sync

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hello, All. I have a 2016 CX5 with Nav. My iPhone 6 synchs fine via BT, and it reads the text messages. However, the reply button is always grayed out. Also, when I chose to delete the text, it warns me that the text will be deleted from the phone,but it never does. Any ideas? Thanks.

In mine it allows reply if and only if car's stopped. Delete: Never bothered as it's a minor inconvenience.

I can reply to texts just fine in mine. Android. Even when I'm driving. You can only reply with the selected responses, but I can still do it when driving.

Same here. The reply icon as well as the "call sender" icon are always greyed out, even when stopped (iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2, was the same with 9.1).

Also the only text messages I can read/have read to me are ones that come in while the car is running. It will not download any texts already on my phone and even those that do come in when I am in the car (and it is running) go away as soon as I shut the car off. Is that normal? What is the point of even having the "update inbox" selection? I have had a few texts come in just as I am starting the car but before the system is fully up. For those I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and read them from the phone. The "update inbox" selection won't bring these in.

Back