2016 CX-5 Sport AC strength

andalogstick

:
2016 CX-5
I'm preparing to purchase a used 2016 CX-5 Sport 2.5L. I live in Phoenix, and unfortunately it's not hot right now so I am unable to see for myself how well it works. Can anyone that lives in a similar climate attest to the quality of the AC in this car? Thanks in advance!

I'm preparing to purchase a used 2016 CX-5 Sport 2.5L. I live in Phoenix, and unfortunately it's not hot right now so I am unable to see for myself how well it works. Can anyone that lives in a similar climate attest to the quality of the AC in this car? Thanks in advance!

It will help if you get the windows tinted of course, but I have no complaints about the AC on ours, and we get summer temps of 112-116F here.

When parked on a hot day, after 10 minutes of driving and AC being on, I am usually turning it down.

I live in Phoenix too. Weird thing to report is that the white 2.0l 2013 CX-5 with a "manual knobs" ac system pumps out cold air quick vs the 2.5l 2016 Mazda6 with automatic AC system. With the Mazda6 auto AC system I manually set to the coldest setting as auto mode seems a bit slow. The Mazda's AC unit doesn't get as cold as fast as say a Toyota-who does?. Its on par with VW.

Tips I can give:

1. Try to get lighter colored paint
2. Quality tint all around
3. Tint windshield (helps minimize the black dash's heat sink tremendously)
4. When entering a hot hot car, use "fresh air" in AC mode. You can change to "recirculate" mode later
5. When entering a hot hot car I open up all doors and sometimes the hatch for a few seconds to release trapped hot air
6. Try parking in covered spaces/garages
7. Purchase a reflector type windshield cover
8. Frequently change (DIY) cabin filters

My sport is black/black and after sitting in the sun all day it takes 10-20 minutes to cool it off, but once it is cool I have no complaints.

Back