Keyless entry issues

mazdan00b

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD with Bose/Moonroof and Tech
Has anyone had keyless entry issues with their 2016 CX5?

I had some work done to repair a dent, and since then, I've been having issues. The shop looked at the connections, and one connector wasn't snapped in all the way. After snapping it in, I still have intermittent issues.

I'll be taking the car back to the shop to have it looked at, but I was curious if anyone else had issues, in which case it might be something the dealer has to fix under warranty.

Issues include:

button on driver door not working at all.
push button, and then lock/unlock toggles repeatedly for a few seconds.
open the door, and car starts beeping.

Thanks.

Sounds like a loose connection or something was damaged. Did the dent repairers remove the door handle?

If it was a PDR (paintless dent repair) on the door and they used the usual probe tools, they could have easily damaged the wiring.

There was some PDR work done on the front left fender. I will ask if a probe tool could've damaged wiring in this section, assuming the wiring runs through that area.

The main dent repair was not PDR. It was pretty deep, so they had to pull it.

The shop said they disconnected battery at door handle and the main battery prior to repair.

Once the batteries get disconnected at the door handle, would Mazda have to do a "reset" of the software in order for it to initialize and start working again? Essentially something that only Mazda can do since it might be proprietary.

Back