Image icon not updating for XM stations?

axel2078

:
'16 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD & '10 Mazda 3 iTouring
I've noticed on the infotainment system display that there is a little square box on the lower right. While on FM, that box displays the logo for the radio station. While on XM, that box is empty. Why is this? My wife's Nissan Armada shows the logos for the XM stations and I'm confused why mine only works for FM stations. Not a big deal, but I was just curious.

I'd like to be able to see the image as well as a scrolling bar with the artist name/song instead of just cutting it off when it reaches its max character length.

I have the same concern. I thought there was something wrong with mine, but it sounds like it's normal operation?

I would guess that XM just doesn't broadcast that data on a language our cars understand. Mine showed nothing as well.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

Unsure how accurate it is, but as per a post on a Tesla (HA!) forum, XM had confirmed to a support inquiry that they do not include album art in their streams to OEM satellite modules...

Not surprising. The data for radio broadcasts comes from Gracenote, so I guess XM doesn't want to pay them.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

I noticed v70.00.100 in a 2019 CX 5 GT has art for XM radio channels and the music currently playing. I'm running the latest version of 59 in a 2016.5 CX 5 GT. Wondering if anyone has updated to any version of f/w v70 and getting the XM art now. I do not have the hardware update installed for Car Play/Android Auto and I understood it's safe to to go v70 without the hardware update. Be great to see the XM art.

Last edited:
Mine shows the album art, never noticed the little box referenced by the Op. I will check it out next time I'm in the car.
Weird XM thing last night driving home - the display got stuck on showing one song name (with the album art) and never changed the whole way home even after the songs kept changing. Don't know if it when back to working correctly today. S/XM is a little wonky of late.

Mine shows the album art, never noticed the little box referenced by the Op. I will check it out next time I'm in the car.
Weird XM thing last night driving home - the display got stuck on showing one song name (with the album art) and never changed the whole way home even after the songs kept changing. Don't know if it when back to working correctly today. S/XM is a little wonky of late.

I see you have a '19 CX 5 Reserve. Are you running f/w v70.00.100? No doubt you would have the newer USB hub so you can have Android Auto, etc.

I see you have a '19 CX 5 Reserve. Are you running f/w v70.00.100? No doubt you would have the newer USB hub so you can have Android Auto, etc.

Just checked. Music Database - 00.08.000
Fail Safe - 10.00.100 (these numbers seem real low)

I have a 2019 Reserve.

I noticed that there are (were?) some XM stations that did not display album art. The station logo was displayed in its regular spot and in the album art spot. I only noticed when others raised the issue here...I never pay attention to that stuff.

Regarding the length of the titles...I've had XM since the early days. I believe my 2019 displays the full title. My home unit and the XM in my 2005 truck do not.

Just checked. Music Database - 00.08.000
Fail Safe - 10.00.100 (these numbers seem real low)

The latest Gracenote music database is v9 and I would think v10 would roll out next month based on the past schedule. As for the f/w double check as it may be 70.00.100. 10.00.100 doesn't look right as I've only heard of v35 (on older models) and later. Since you have a 2019 and newer USB hub you should have v70.x.

Last edited:
I have a 2019 Reserve.

I noticed that there are (were?) some XM stations that did not display album art. The station logo was displayed in its regular spot and in the album art spot. I only noticed when others raised the issue here...I never pay attention to that stuff.

Regarding the length of the titles...I've had XM since the early days. I believe my 2019 displays the full title. My home unit and the XM in my 2005 truck do not.

Which version of Gracenotes is installed, v8? 9 is out.

The latest Gracenote music database is v9 and I would think v10 would roll out next month based on the past schedule. As for the f/w double check as it may be 70.00.100. 10.00.100 doesn't look right as I've only heard of v35 (on older models) and later. Since you have a 2019 and newer USB hub you should have v70.x.

Yeah, I thought it was a little weird also because it seems much lower than the version in my 16. I'll double check it again and report back.

Back