CX-5 Infotainment / MazdaConnect Navigation Drawing Issue?

juanquivilla

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT with i-ActiveSense and Tech Package. I love the car so far. A few years back I owned a Mazda 3 (my first car) and loved it.

I have noticed what seems to be a weird drawing issue with the navigation on my car that makes most of map gray, which in turn makes it very hard to see the roads which are also gray. It seems to be the background should be black. In fact, when I zoom out the background turns black and everything is in perfect contrast, then 1 second later it goes gray all over again and seems to cache so switching zoom levels won't change anything anymore.

I have attached a few screenshots to show what I mean. Notice how some areas have a black background, but most areas have a gray background. I have tried changing different settings but have so far had no luck :(

I updated the map data on the SD car this AM with the latest from Mazda. This made no difference. Also, I made sure the infotainment version was at the latest before taking delivery of the car (was version 51, had them upgrade it to 55.00.753 NA N)

Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions? Am I missing a very obvious setting somewhere? It really does seem like a polygon drawing issue to me.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    743.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    595.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    669.8 KB · Views: 187
I think it turns gray at night when the lights come on. Are your lights on?

I noticed it during the day and night. I'll confirm the lights tomorrow. I have them set to auto. I even manually changed the night/day/auto mode under settings, but no dice :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact same thing with my 2016 CX-5 GT. Background has two different shades of gray (Maybe to show county or city boundaries ?????) Not to bad to view during the day but horrible at night

Go into settings and adjust contrast. There might also be a different setting to adjust. I think you might be able to adjust separately the day and night settings. It's been a while since I've messed with mine because I got it where I like it but play around and you should get it.

It'd definitely in "Night"mode! Dig around in the settings and play around. You'll figure it out pretty quick.

Back