How to program a remote-key?

MazdaIlir

:
Mazda 3 2011
Hello Mazdas247
I just bought a 2011 Mazda 3 Premium, and I only got 1 remotekey while I need 2.
I found the keys to a good price on ebay, but I dont know how I can program the key to my car
Is it even possible to do it by your own?
I hope one of you can help me :)

Mazda3 has 3 different vendors for their keyless entry. If you have a flip key...Seperate the key from the FOB and look on the FOB side where the plastic part of the key inserts. You may need a magnifying glass to read the faint print. This information is needed to determine if your transceiver is Mitsubishi, VDO or Visteon. Also the key part has the transponder part 4D63 that starts your car ...luckly Mazda uses the same transponder for their cars. Bad news ... With only one key you will need the dealer or locksmith to program the ECU for the new key.. To Start the car. FOB part to lock/unlock the car will require you buy the correct Mitsubishi...VDO or VISTEON work with the car's transceiver. Once you have the correct FOB you can take you original and new FOB and reprogram the car to accept each FOB for unlocking and locking your car.
Many people aren't aware of the different vendors used in the Mazda 3's. My 2011 Mazda 3S uses a Mitsubishi system that is 315 mhz if I were to buy off eBay, amazon or dealer a flip key with a VDO 433 mhz it wouldn't work.
There are several how to guides on programing the FOB'S and also the keys. I found a plane Jane transponder key off eBay for less than $10. Took my 3rd new blank key to the dealer to have it cut and programed it out in the lot. You need two working keys to self program a 3rd, 4th up to 7 keys to the ECU . NOTE. only 3 FOB'S. Can be programed to the cars ECU.

Back