Dash rattle near/under drivers side speaker?

Great, I'll try this. I also identified the noise coming from the exact point. My CX-5 has been at the dealer for fixing this issue, but they probably didn't do anything. Dealer told me they have put some grease to fix the issue. It was quiet like like 5 km drive from the dealer and the the rattle returned. So I'm definitely about to try fixing it myself.

Update: Issue seems to be fixed now. It was not easy as the access to the area is very limited. I've put a piece of plastic covered by thin rubber tape between the dashboard and supporting plastic. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
I had rattling on the driver side whenever I played music with bass. Initially I thought it was something within the door, because it would disappear when I pressed on the door. Turns out, its the little cover that is located within the inner door handle. Whenever it starts rattling, I just shift it by a hair and it stops rattling.

Long story short, check your inner door handle!

I used to have that little cover rattle on mine too. I have removed it, and placed a little sponge behind it. This way, the rattle is gone.

Back