2003 P5 - Timing belt broke - need complete head FS9

esgarbanzo

:
mazda p5 2003
The title pretty much says it all... I see them remanufactured on the internet for $350+, but lots of sketchy reviews. If you have one from your P5 or have any input on good sources of quality reman. ones, please share. This is somewhat urgent.

Thanks!

Timing belt, 2 tensioners, tension spring, water pump, valve cover gasket, cam seals, make a tool to hold the crank (kind of like an the letter F, I welded mine from steel flat stock, drilled two holes and got grade 8 bolts that were the right pitch to bolt onto the crank), Possibly a new timing cover ( mine was cracked on the mount holes - bought a Dorman brand for $39 - had to grind down the offset bosses to fit flush against the motor - brand new part), Torque wrench, socket wrenches (harbor freight), quite a job...I could go on and on

i have a full 03 for part out, head gasket blew but everything seems ok! please contact if interested 702-485-9596

Thanks all. The whole non-interference/interference question has become a bit more clear to me. I even had to call Mazda headquarters to get a reasonable answer. In my case, having the belt break at highway speed, it was (very) interference. I called Mazda and they basically said that tight clearances can become too tight over time and with wear such that a 13 year old vehicle may not be non-interference anymore... Despite really good care we've provided this car its head needs remanufactured.

I got one from JPPerera, but it is in rough shape so I'm back shopping. Protogenetics, thanks for asking, but I'm not going used. Its my wife's car and I need a totally redone head.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Back