Roof Rack Question

I think you're right. I mean, the next bullet point says "screw locking" but that could mean anything.

It's a darn shame there isn't a ready source for factory/OEM bars. :(

These used to be standard on the UK version - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702082112862?make=MAZDA&model=MAZDA5&logcode=p but you're right, hard to tell how these attach... I'd assume the use the same attachment points that the NA rack does... but the ebay version may not...

I just spent the past few hours researching roof racks for the Mazda5. Seems you have to be a friggin engineer to figure out all the variations and options.
I have a X-Cargo X-treme carrier box and am looking for a rack for my Mazda5. I'm trying to keep it as affordable as possible so I can spend $ on vacation, not car.
So far, I've found 2 choices to fit my pocket.

-Rola 59834 (have seen no comments, reviews about this on the Mazda 5

-Thule 43 inch aeroblade with a podium kit. Some guy close to me has it on craigslist but insists I will need an adapter kit.

Must be quiet, aeroblade type and I have a sunroof, so, there's the clearance issue.
Now, websites say its a 47" rack thats needed, but the car is 41" rail to rail. These are my only 2 choices at the moment, so what can I go with?

-Rola 59834 (have seen no comments, reviews about this on the Mazda 5

This is what we purchased for our 2010. Fit just fine, looks great IMO. Reasonably quiet, especially if the sunroof slide is closed Haven't loaded it up yet (a cargo carrier is next on our to-buy list). No complaints.

Back