Roof Rack Question

:
2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport
A few months ago, my wife and I purchased a used 2012 Mazda5 sport. It has the fixed points for a roof rack, but no bars of any kind. We have decided that a portion of our tax return this year will be spend on getting a set of crossbars and a box to free up some cargo room when on the road.

I'm having a hard time finding Mazda5 crossbars that aren't in the $250.00-$400.00 range. I could spend that, but I would rather spend more on a vacation.

I have found lots of cheaper fixed point crossbars for the Mazda3, CX-5, and CX-7. Does anyone know if these will fit? The cheaper ones I've found on Amazon appear to be non-adjustable unlike the adjustable, more expensive models.

Any help would be appreciated.

A few months ago, my wife and I purchased a used 2012 Mazda5 sport. It has the fixed points for a roof rack, but no bars of any kind. We have decided that a portion of our tax return this year will be spend on getting a set of crossbars and a box to free up some cargo room when on the road.

I'm having a hard time finding Mazda5 crossbars that aren't in the $250.00-$400.00 range. I could spend that, but I would rather spend more on a vacation.

I have found lots of cheaper fixed point crossbars for the Mazda3, CX-5, and CX-7. Does anyone know if these will fit? The cheaper ones I've found on Amazon appear to be non-adjustable unlike the adjustable, more expensive models.

Any help would be appreciated.

No that's about right around the price range you should expect to pay for a new one. Of course, if you can find a used one posted online you may save a little, and no the roof racks that re specifically listed for other Mazda models will not fit, unless of course they are listed as a universal fit. Good luck!!

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks. Are there any brands that you favor over others or that you would stay away from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading review and looking at prices, I decided to go with the Yakima Control Tower rack. I got two 48" crossbars, four control towers, four number 11 landing pads, four end caps, two locks, and a 44" fairing for just a hair under $400.00. I think that'll do.

I can save you the trouble, I just wreak my 2010 mazda 5 and I still have my thule roof rack and can sell for 200 if you pay for shipping.

I have a set of INNO bars on our 2012 Mazda5 Sport. Attaches to the hardpoints. Works well, quick to install, and very inexpensive over the Thule or OEM equivalent.

JMJ

I have a set of INNO bars on our 2012 Mazda5 Sport. Attaches to the hardpoints. Works well, quick to install, and very inexpensive over the Thule or OEM equivalent.

JMJ
Does the sunroof make contact with the rack/cargo box. I'm torn between the Inno and the Rola racks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have a silver Inno for sale if anyone wants. $150 and you pay shipping. Lmk!
8d1c8c349b6b427a182fc9718535e536.jpg

What's the catch here?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Would LOVE some factory-look bars that I could then attach crossbars to. What's the downside? Are they universal (read: poor) fit? Quality?
I've never seen those fitted to a 5 before. I would have bought something like that instead of the standards set up that is available. I would much rather bolt on cross bars instead and just leave these where they are. I bet they don't make much noise either.

I would love some OEM bars, but that eBay auction just seems too good to be true. I'm guessing they're probably some kind of cheap universal bars attached with double stick tape.

Wish there were reviews of the product. :(

I would love some OEM bars, but that eBay auction just seems too good to be true. I'm guessing they're probably some kind of cheap universal bars attached with double stick tape.

Wish there were reviews of the product. :(
I doubt it, it looks like it would attach with the factory roof points. European 5's have roof rails like that, here in the US we did not get them for whatever reason.

What's the catch here?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Would LOVE some factory-look bars that I could then attach crossbars to. What's the downside? Are they universal (read: poor) fit? Quality?

Are these decorative only? Looks like it. The description says...

1.Bold beam, sturdy and durable 
2.More durable, more beautiful, more capacity
3.3M Adnesive Tape To Stick, not to hurt the body
4.Easy installation, screw locking

Are these decorative only? Looks like it. The description says...

1.Bold beam, sturdy and durable 
2.More durable, more beautiful, more capacity
3.3M Adnesive Tape To Stick, not to hurt the body
4.Easy installation, screw locking

I think you're right. I mean, the next bullet point says "screw locking" but that could mean anything.

It's a darn shame there isn't a ready source for factory/OEM bars. :(

Back