03 pr5 engine swap

Deadpoole

:
03 pr5 with the bells and wistles
Hi everyone im a proud owner of a 03 pr5 i have all the extras with it leather seats the sunroof and all but what i was wondering is i also have a 96 Nissan sentra and in the pr5 the motor has blown 2ce and the nissans motor is like a tank for me to do an engine swap what would i need to do cause the Nissan has a 1.6l and the motor coming out of the pr5 is a 2.0l whats the best thing to do

It won't be worth the work for a smaller engine with less horsepower.

Sell the Sentra and buy a replacement engine for the P5.

Been looking at selling the sentra but i am also looking at maybe going with a crate motor of the klze motor as well but i dont know if i do that will it actually be as durable as my sentra or will it meet the demose like my first two motors

The biggest issue for this car is rust. The FS is reliable. It's not "bulletproof", but it's reliable. I imagine that the KL is too. In terms of durability, the motor only needs to last as long as the body. If you're in Iowa, I really think that rust will be a bigger problem than whatever Mazda motor you drop in there. What caused the two cylinders to go bad in the p5?

Lots of documentation for building fs motors on here. Swapping in anything else other than a kl engine requires lots of fabrication and no matter what you try to put jn will require stand alone ecu or a shitmess parallal wiring of ecus.
Just get a low milage fs pull. Spend $1000 on some forged rods and bearings, pistons not super needed unless you wanna boost.
You might also look at the doc b oil system. That and some forged rods will make the fs pretty much bomb proof unless you add a lot of boost.
Way cheaper and less time consuming than a pioneering swap hah. If its a nice car; no rust all options, fix it and enjoy it.
Hell. Just drop in whatever fa motor. Drive it till it explodes and as log as no rust, just get another one lol. Fs motors cheap and everywhere.

Latest posts

Back