2010 Mazda3 2.5l clutch replacement

poison

:
02 P5, manual
I have the dreaded clutch shudder, and my mechanic says its only a matter of time. So, what clutch should I put in there for optimal reliability and ease of use. The Mazda parts are junk.

The best clutch for one person, can be totally different for another. We need to know what are your end goals for the car, what kind of driving its going to see day to day. And if it will ever see any sort of track time. Or are you just looking for a basic OEM type replacement.

Basic oem, but because I live in Los Angeles, it sees a TON of stop and go. I want something that's durable and easy on the leg. It'll never see track time or a boost in power, beyond possibly corksports intake someday.

I just changed my clutch and still have the shudder when I clutch out with no gas. I put and OE sachs clutch. What does this shudder mean??

No feedback on this? Clutch feels like crap,gonna need to do this sooner rather than later.

Go with a SouthBend stage 1. There pretty cheap, and a great clutch. Southbend has been the go-to clutch for alot of the Mazda community for over a decade, and they have a great rep. I currently have one of there stage 3 Drag clutch's in my Mazda6, and a stage 2 daily in my 626. Along with one of the DXD models just waiting for my MX6 turbo.

Interesting. Never heard of South Bend. I do a ton of stop and go, so the mildest would be best. I see reports of chatter, not sure that's tolerable for me. Gotta read up.

Also, should I do my slave cylinder, if I have an old one, not revised?

Go with a SouthBend stage 1. There pretty cheap, and a great clutch. Southbend has been the go-to clutch for alot of the Mazda community for over a decade, and they have a great rep. I currently have one of there stage 3 Drag clutch's in my Mazda6, and a stage 2 daily in my 626. Along with one of the DXD models just waiting for my MX6 turbo.

I don't see an application for my 2010 Mazda3 2.5l. Can you point it out?

I see Spec Stage 1's, for around $450. Not a good idea?

Surprising you havent heard of them as they have been the go-to for clutches for the older mazdas going back over a decade. Their website is a bit behind, but if you call them, they have a listing for the 2.5.

I myself didnt go with there off the shelf 2.5 clutch. I actually used the stage 2 Drag series clutch they sell for the older Mazda FS 2.0 motor and trans. Its also a G series like ours. But the FS pressure plate has an even higher clamp rating, as well as being an extra 1/2 wider disc area. That, along with the Throw out bearing being all metal, instead of the half metal/half plastic throw out bearing used in the MZR clutch kits which i never liked.

Im in no way saying others should go out, and use a Mazda FS clutch or anything. Just with my research, for my specific application, i decided that was the route i wanted to go.

Back