no more CX-5

:
Mazda 6 iTouring 6MT
Been a frequent member on this forum for the past 4 years and want to thank everyone who has helped me answer questions when needed or advice on mods and etc. The CX-5 has been my first Mazda purchase, but not my last, now I've moved on to a new Mazda6. Looking forward to new mods, new advice and help from this forum as usual. Thanks again guys!

bye bye...
33kd6ar.jpg

oh hello...
ei5x83.jpg
fy3m8y.jpg
260a93q.jpg

Nice upgrade! I like that you got the MT!

How does it feel with that 2.5L? (naughty)

You going to upgrade the tires?

You miss ANYTHING about the CX5 yet?

No more CX-5

Great choice! I wish CX-5 could have all the amenities Mazda6 has such as memory seat and tweeters... Congrats!

Wow! We did the exact opposite! I traded my '14 Mazda 6 (Grand Touring w/tech) for a '16 CX-5!
I had Tanabe lowering springs (-3/4"), K&N filter kit and RB exhaust on mine.
Loved the 6! especially the fuel mileage!
As stated by the post above, I miss the tweeters and memory seats too but being in Wisconsin and having just driven through snow last week I'm super happy with my choice!
Sadly, Mazdas247.com does not have a good "6"section,,,, you best place is http://forum.mazda6club.com/313-mazda-6-3rd-generation-2013-present/

Last edited:
as for the tweeters, I actually purchased the oem touring tweeters from mazda and installed in the cx5, the wireing is all set up, just have to pop the covers and plug and play. as for the 2.5, it's def a lot better, smoother and filled w pep compared to the 2.0, the shifter feels more silky smooth too. the only thing I miss about the cx5 is it being a head turner, I put a lot of time into making it how I wanted, but I'll just do the same w the 6 eventually. I'm just making subtle mods to the 6 at the moment, well see how I feel down the road.

heres a list of mods I have done so far/doing this weekend.
- NC Legal Tint
- Philips Diamond 5000k headlight bulbs
- Nokya JDM Yellow 2500k DRL/highbeam bulbs
- LED interior replacement and reverse light
- OEM Fogs w/ JDM yellow overlays
- Stainless fog trim
- OEM Mud flaps
- 3M Clear Bra Delux Kit

Great choice! I wish CX-5 could have all the amenities Mazda6 has such as memory seat and tweeters... Congrats!

I agree and said the same thing, I loved the cx5 and having an MT option w the 2.5 and touring package would have sealed the deal but the 6 offers so much more

This begs the question...why did you have a CX-5, anyway? The CX-5 is a worse vehicle in every way unless:

-interior space
-ground clearance

Did not know that the car didn't have AWD. Throw that in, too. Still...what changed, OP? Kids move out? Stop going camping? Just curious.

OP shows a join date of Oct. 2012

The new Mazda 6 (and mazda 3 as well) wasn't available until well into 2013, and the old Mazda 6 is sort of bleh..

OP shows a join date of Oct. 2012

The new Mazda 6 (and mazda 3 as well) wasn't available until well into 2013, and the old Mazda 6 is sort of bleh..

I understand that, but it's not like Mazda is the only company that made mid-level sedans in 2012. I am curious what life-change caused OP to no-longer need the mini-SUV. Yeah, it's none of my business, agreed, but it doesn't prevent me from being curious. I live a very different lifestyle than most people in their 30's, and I like to know what's going on with the other 98% from time to time!

I didn't know the Mazda 6 manual could be had with more than base sport options. Too bad I don't fit in a Mazda 6 because I'm 6'-4" and my head touches the ceiling. I like my CX5 but prefer the better handling, gas mileage, and options for the money of the 6.

Care to write your comparison driving impressions between the two?

as for the tweeters, I actually purchased the oem touring tweeters from mazda and installed in the cx5, the wireing is all set up, just have to pop the covers and plug and play. as for the 2.5, it's def a lot better, smoother and filled w pep compared to the 2.0, the shifter feels more silky smooth too. the only thing I miss about the cx5 is it being a head turner, I put a lot of time into making it how I wanted, but I'll just do the same w the 6 eventually. I'm just making subtle mods to the 6 at the moment, well see how I feel down the road.

Anyone know if this is the same for the '16 CX-5? and do they sell Bose tweeters from Mazda?

Did not know that the car didn't have AWD. Throw that in, too. Still...what changed, OP? Kids move out? Stop going camping? Just curious.
lol nah no kids at the moment, originally bought the cx5 because I really liked the look of it and its a small suv that I can get in a MT which is hard to find. after the 6 came out a year later I always wanted one but until recently I test drove one during a routine oil change, they gave me a deal too good to let go so I made the change. 2k off msrp, 1k back in mazda loyaly rebates, 2 years free service including oil changes, tire rotation and car washes(which I wont use since I was my car), along w some upgrades

as for the tweeters, I actually purchased the oem touring tweeters from mazda and installed in the cx5, the wireing is all set up, just have to pop the covers and plug and play. as for the 2.5,

Intrigued... just plug and play on the tweeters from a '14 and later 6 touring into the '13-'15 CX-5?

I didn't know the Mazda 6 manual could be had with more than base sport options. Too bad I don't fit in a Mazda 6 because I'm 6'-4" and my head touches the ceiling. I like my CX5 but prefer the better handling, gas mileage, and options for the money of the 6.

Care to write your comparison driving impressions between the two?

yessir, hard to find, atleast near me they are, according to mazdausa.com theres only about 5 within a 150 mile radius of my location. The 6 seems pretty spacious to me and i'm 6'1, but I did have more wiggle room in the cx5. Since my 6 only has 200 miles on it I havent done any aggressive driving to compare much, but the engine is a a lot peppier and the gearing ratio is a lot better especially for the over drive gear to help w mpg. The suspension feels sporty yet soft, a lot more comfortable than the cx5. The seats are also a lot more comfortable to be in, more plush and I feel secure within the bolsters. Overall I'm very pleased, the amount of tech in this car is redic and a huge plus

Last edited:
Intrigued... just plug and play on the tweeters from a '14 and later 6 touring into the '13-'15 CX-5?

yeah, take a flat head and pop the covers, you'll see a dummy speaker w the wireing connected to it. There is a thread on here about it w visuals and links to buy the speakers

Back