red LED indicator hazard light not lighting up ?

astriuminc

:
CX-9 2013 AWD
hi guys,

I just noticed today that my red LED hazard light is not lighting up at night :(
the switch for my hazards still work but the indicator light is off
just wondering if anyone else has the same issue and if there's a fix for this.

offtopic: man the Mazda bean counters really did a number on the 2013+ models, they cut costs on everything they took out the blue speedometer LED mood lighting, no passenger window control lights, no valet lock for glovebox, there's only one tiny measly red light on the driver door for the window, no indicator lights for driver's door lock/windows lockout, took out the wood panel style elements below the shifter console.

also, CX-9 is the first car I've owned with no indicator lights for the headlights stalk and windshield washer stalk

anyway, here's a screen grab I got off the internet so you guys know what I'm talking about :

Last edited:
also, CX-9 is the first car I've owned with no indicator lights for the headlights stalk and windshield washer stalk

What are your previous cars? I've never owned a car that had indicator lights inside the headlight or windshield washer stalk--and I've been driving for 30 years.

What are your previous cars? I've never owned a car that had indicator lights inside the headlight or windshield washer stalk--and I've been driving for 30 years.

My '05 Acura TSX definitely had lighted steering wheel stalk controls.
Also not sure but I think even my old beater '92 Nissan Sentra and '98 Maxima had lighted stalks (but I'm not sure about the Nissans it was so long ago, most probably they didn't but definitely the Acura was lighted)

Last edited:
My '05 Acura TSX definitely had lighted steering wheel stalk controls.
Also not sure but I think even my old beater '92 Nissan Sentra and '98 Maxima had lighted stalks (but I'm not sure about the Nissans it was so long ago, most probably they didn't but definitely the Acura was lighted)

I'm headed to the Philly auto show in a couple of weeks--I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for this feature.

We have a 2011 Mazda CX-9 and our hazard button is not backlit. We bought it last year. It is my wifes car and I drive it rarely. I don't know if our button has ever been backlit. Is it supposed to be? I would think it is. If so I would want to fix it too.

Also her console light went out. I was tapping the side of the console and the light would come on but no longer. Do you know anything about this light and repair?

Last edited:
We have a 2011 Mazda CX-9 and our hazard button is not backlit. We bought it last year. It is my wifes car and I drive it rarely. I don't know if our button has ever been backlit. Is it supposed to be? I would think it is. If so I would want to fix it too.

Also her console light went out. I was tapping the side of the console and the light would come on but no longer. Do you know anything about this light and repair?

I have a '12, and the hazard button is not back lit.

yeah, it's suppose to be backlit, I know because when I tap it gently it comes on until I hit a road bump then it goes off, seems like a loose connection , very annoying....

yeah, it's suppose to be backlit, I know because when I tap it gently it comes on until I hit a road bump then it goes off, seems like a loose connection , very annoying....

Sorry--I meant mine isn't backlit when flashing.

Last edited:
Do you have a 2011 CX-9? I have a hazard switch on order from Mazda. I would think the switch should be illuminated or backlit when dash board lights are on. Like all other buttons light up on the dash.

Just looking for info on whether or not it is actually supposed to be illuminated when dash lights are on. This hazard button is hard to see in the dark. Thanks.

Back