iPhone and notification Q

DBLXX

:
CX-5
When my phone is physically playing through the BT connection or I am on the phone I hear text and email notification noises through the car.

I get the visual text alert in the screen but not audio indicator.

When the phone is simply paired but not in actual use - nada nothing.

It would be nice to at a minimum for the car to allow the phone itself to continue to give me audio alerts. But it doesn't because it paired to the car.

It would be even nicer for the car to give alerts but it doesn't.

Anyone have any solutions other than don't pair my phone or just deal with it?

Thanks

I still haven't got e-mail and text notifications to work with my2016 CX-5 and IPhone 6S

I still haven't got e-mail and text notifications to work with my2016 CX-5 and IPhone 6S

I get visual TEXT notifications on the infotainment screen which the car will read it to me. That works perfect.

But I don't always stare at the screen while driving.

As far as I know, the text and Mail notifications work only for Android, not iPhones.

My problem is if my iPhone is paired (happens automatically when I enter the car) and I'm listening to the radio, there is not audio or visual alerts for texts and calendar reminders. But if I get a phone call, the radio stops and the phone starts ringing. I would like at least an audible beep or something for texts and reminders as well.

As far as I know, the text and Mail notifications work only for Android, not iPhones.

My problem is if my iPhone is paired (happens automatically when I enter the car) and I'm listening to the radio, there is not audio or visual alerts for texts and calendar reminders. But if I get a phone call, the radio stops and the phone starts ringing. I would like at least an audible beep or something for texts and reminders as well.

Exactly. Although the text thing works seamless for me. At least the visual notification and if I desire the car will read it to me.

To all: Text and email notifications if NOT happening.

Mazda pairs automatically with my iPhone 6. However, it did not notify me with incoming messages or emails. What's required is to go into the Bluetooth settings in your phone, select Mazda and then slide to ON: Allow Notifications. By default, when pairing, its off.

Then, I did find both emails and text messages working.

Finally, make sure you have the 753A firmware in your Infotainment. Either get it done thru dealer or look at threads here - on how to.
If you're pre 2016, then make sure you have the latest Bluetooth PHYSICAL module installed. For this - you HAVE to take it to the dealer.

I have Android and have had several phones, each phone the SMS has worked perfect. Email has never worked for me though. I didn't even know it was suppose to work and do that.

But texts do work great.

Mazda pairs automatically with my iPhone 6. However, it did not notify me with incoming messages or emails. What's required is to go into the Bluetooth settings in your phone, select Mazda and then slide to ON: Allow Notifications. By default, when pairing, its off.

Finally, make sure you have the 753A firmware in your Infotainment. Either get it done thru dealer or look at threads here - on how to.
If you're pre 2016, then make sure you have the latest Bluetooth PHYSICAL module installed. For this - you HAVE to take it to the dealer.

I have 753A and emails don't come through.

What you described still doesn't answer my question.

When your phone is paired - just sitting in the car, paired - and you are not using the phone, not streaming anything via BT to the car - and you get an email...there is no audio notification. When you get a calendar alert you get no audio notification. When you get a text you get no audio notification.

You don't get one on the phone - because it's paired with the car - but the car doesn't have an AUDIO notification that something has come in.

If I am streaming BT music to the car - the chirp I get on the phone comes through the car.

If I am talking on the phone same as above.

If I am streaming music BT and a calendar notification comes in I hear it through the car. If I am only paired not physically on cal call BT or using the phone to stream BT music....you hear nothing.

That worked. Thank you.

Your phone's audio is being routed to the bluetooth connection in the car, but you are choosing to listen to something else (AM/FM/Sirius/etc).
If you want this functionality you can goto the 'BT Setup', select your phone, and keep the 'Phone' connected but disconnect the 'Audio' portion.
Then you will be able to pick up calls through the car, and get the audible notifications through your phone. If you want to hear the notifications through the car, you have to be listening to BT.

Your phone's audio is being routed to the bluetooth connection in the car, but you are choosing to listen to something else (AM/FM/Sirius/etc).
If you want this functionality you can goto the 'BT Setup', select your phone, and keep the 'Phone' connected but disconnect the 'Audio' portion.
Then you will be able to pick up calls through the car, and get the audible notifications through your phone. If you want to hear the notifications through the car, you have to be listening to BT.

I never listen to audio from the phone through the car so this would help me.

I'll give it a go.

Thank you !!

iOS 9.2 broke the mail notifications but the text notifications work. I haven't tested 9.2.1 that came out last week.

Apple is notorious for not working well with others.

Apple Carplay should fix this in the future.

Back