Request to call Mazda Corp: For Live Traffic

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
Okay, after 3 weeks of using all my limited resources finally got hold of someone who's somebody @ Mazda @ US. He told me if enough requests came in, either via phone or the general customer service email ID, Mazda would indeed jump ahead and do whatever it takes to us back the Live Traffic which used to be present in Tomtom based navigation sometime back.

Right now, it seems there's not to many requests and thus they are also taking it slow.

May I request anyone who's reading this kindly call the Mazda customer service line at
1 (800) 222-5500, option 6

Post letter to:
Mazda North American Operations
P.O. Box 19734
Irvine, CA 92623-9734
Attn: Customer Assistance Center

Email to:
MazdaCustomerAssistance@mazdausa.com

Best of luck with your initiative.
Been driving without this feature for 30+ years and don't really see the need for it.

Best of luck with your initiative.
Been driving without this feature for 30+ years and don't really see the need for it.

Congratulations. I have been drive for 34 years and would love to have this feature.

Considering Mazda advertised it and I paid for it when I bought the tech package only to find out it didn't work because Mazda has some kind of disagreement with the provider, I don't think asking them to get it going is too much to ask.

Mazdas response has been completely inadequate for almost a year now.

E-mail sent. Definitely irked that this advertised feature is not working on my new car.

Mazda Corp:

I recently purchased a CX-5 GT AWD with Tech and iActiveSense. Across all marketing and discussions it was apparent it comes with live traffic. Post using the same for over a month I understand there is NO live traffic. In fact, earlier versions of CX-5 offered the same, included in price but not in 2016. This I find extremely deceptive especially since its well marketed and documented. Having to commute to work daily I find live traffic updates invaluable. Effectively, I am forced to use my Smartphone to navigate even after spending +30,000 $ on a car.

You have integration with XM Radio. I, as consumer was willing to pay the $4 for traffic using XM but even then came to understand the car’s Infotainment will not support it.

Your latest push, i.e. 2016.5 models equipping them by default with navigation seem to be a strong strategy from Mazda to make Navigation: mainstream. I wonder how potential buyers will react when they come to know there’s no live traffic?

You have a rather lame HD Traffic which does NOT integrate with navigation and is effectively: useless. Ideally speaking you should either resolve this at your earliest or provide some sort of refund to customers. Speaking to customer service, I gather you don’t even have any roadmap currently to introduce it. Surprisingly, CX-5 sold in other global regions have integrated live traffic, which means it’s not something you need to develop afresh.

Thanks and regards,

XXXX

Live Traffic...?

That's why I use my Garmin GPS. I don't have to worry about what's going on between "Live Traffic" and "Mazda".

CX5T Lover

Please do this cause and yourself a favor. Proofread this letter before sending it out.
Mazda Corp:

I recently purchased a CX-5 GT AWD with Tech and iActiveSense. Across all marketing and discussions it was apparent it comes with live traffic. Post using the same for over a month I understand there is NO live traffic. In fact, earlier versions of CX-5 offered the same, included in price but not in 2016. This I find extremely deceptive especially since its well marketed and documented. Having to commute to work daily I find live traffic updates invaluable. Effectively, I am forced to use my Smartphone to navigate even after spending +30,000 $ on a car.

You have integration with XM Radio. I, as consumer was willing to pay the $4 for traffic using XM but even then came to understand the car’s Infotainment will not support it.

Your latest push, i.e. 2016.5 models equipping them by default with navigation seem to be a strong strategy from Mazda to make Navigation: mainstream. I wonder how potential buyers will react when they come to know there’s no live traffic?

You have a rather lame HD Traffic which does NOT integrate with navigation and is effectively: useless. Ideally speaking you should either resolve this at your earliest or provide some sort of refund to customers. Speaking to customer service, I gather you don’t even have any roadmap currently to introduce it. Surprisingly, CX-5 sold in other global regions have integrated live traffic, which means it’s not something you need to develop afresh.

Thanks and regards,

XXXX

Thanks - yes. I did change few things prior to actually pressing the SEND button.... this was the rough draft.

Mazda Corp:

I recently purchased a CX-5 GT AWD with Tech and iActiveSense packages.

I realized the navigation system does not offer live or current traffic. I understand CX-5 prior to 2016 had this feature. The current HD traffic is not integrated with the navigation system rendering it useless.

It is rather disappointing especially as I was explicitly told this feature is available and various Mazda literature suggests likewise. As I have to daily commute to work this is a must-have feature. Consequently, I feel cheated.

Navigation seem to be a strong sales strategy from Mazda and thus potential buyers might be dissuaded from purchasing your car if made aware. Requesting for an ETA in the immediate future when you can re-enable this feature. Alternatively, provide XM traffic.

Thanks and regards,

XXXX

Seems to be the American way...
You do have the hard copies of the literature that promises this feature on the 2016 Cx-5 AWD GT with tech package, right?

Well, looks like you're the one who has this litigation mind ; me: just a letter and asking others to send one. Proof is only required if they deny.

Well, looks like you're the one who has this litigation mind ; me: just a letter and asking others to send one. Proof is only required if they deny.

Not really, just made a suggestion which may have more leverage.
Is this not false advertisement, unless there is something in the small print?

I dunno. I looked at the 2016 CX-5 Navigation Manual that came with my car, and the only reference to LIVE traffic is this one, found page 12.
Doesn't look to me there's much justification for legal action.

Shows the distance you need to travel on the route before
reaching your final destination.
Shows the estimated arrival time at the final destination of
the route.
If the navigation system is capable of receiving live traffic
information, the calculation takes into account traffic
delays affecting your route.

This estimation can be inaccurate at times.

I also looked at Mazda's website and couldn't find anything about Live Traffic alerts either.

Did I miss something?

once again - I am not seeking, recommending ANY legal action. It's fruitless. I have been specifically told there are not many requests to re-enable or make available this feature. As such, it is NOT a priority. If however, multiple requests are made then the situation will be revised or looked into. No harm in trying / requesting.

I will certainly send in a request. And keep doing it every month. Just like my requests for an updated Mazda mobile app for Android.

Response from Mazda and on top of which: my response

Mazda Corp,

I understand your position but fail to understand why you do not have any estimated time for launch. This is rather unacceptable, especially when competitors are easily able to provide this feature and furthermore you have this feature enabled elsewhere. It seems this is more of an issue of red tape and pricing within Mazda.

In light of the recent positioning of Mazda vehicles that almost all have navigation embedded in it I find it rather strange it will not take this seriously. I am currently forced to use my smartphone - Google Maps/Apple Maps/Waze. I wanted to sell my navigation SD card but that also I can't since its supposedly locked to my vehicle. This is absurd. Question: Are the potential buyers of CX-5 or few of your other models being made aware that although navigation is standard, there's NOT EVEN AN OPTION (free or thru subscription) to get traffic? Should this be current owners' task then to inform all thru various Internet forums in order to educate everyone better? Let me know for I am happy to do the needful.

Regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: MazdaCustomerExperience@mazdausa.com [mailto:MazdaCustomerExperience@mazdausa.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:10 PM

Dear ........

Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center.

I received your email regarding the live traffic updates for your vehicle. I do apologize for the inconvenience, currently we are working to provide that feature, but there is no estimated time for launch. We are not providing refunds for the feature not being available. I will submit your feedback and suggestions to our product development team.

If you have any questions in the future, you can reach me directly using the number and extension below.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXX

Back