Infotainment system reset

beb08

:
2016 Mazda CX - 5 Touring w/ Tech
So I noticed a few weeks ago that my radio favorites were gone and with some more digging around discovered all my maintenance stuff was reset, however the clock settings were fine, which i thought was weird. Took it to the dealer after digging around on here and said update my software (more or less, but not really) and they told me they could not update it unless there was a recall...and i was like REALLY?! so i left it with them. Of course they call me and tell me that they couldn't duplicate the problem so they don't know what happened. So I go on my way and noticed this morning that everything is reset AGAIN(mad) I haven't checked to see what version i have but I'm hoping its not 55 and its less, so that it can be updated. Anyone had this issue? Its never reset on me while i was driving or anything like i have seen mentioned in here, that I have noticed, just when i get in it and go to change my favorites stations, i noticed it. Scared to try to update it on my own, what if i mess it up!?

So I noticed a few weeks ago that my radio favorites were gone and with some more digging around discovered all my maintenance stuff was reset, however the clock settings were fine, which i thought was weird. Took it to the dealer after digging around on here and said update my software (more or less, but not really) and they told me they could not update it unless there was a recall...and i was like REALLY?! so i left it with them. Of course they call me and tell me that they couldn't duplicate the problem so they don't know what happened. So I go on my way and noticed this morning that everything is reset AGAIN(mad) I haven't checked to see what version i have but I'm hoping its not 55 and its less, so that it can be updated. Anyone had this issue? Its never reset on me while i was driving or anything like i have seen mentioned in here, that I have noticed, just when i get in it and go to change my favorites stations, i noticed it. Scared to try to update it on my own, what if i mess it up!?

Try a different dealer, that is nonsense. We've had them update before delivery of vehicle, and they'll also take care of it when taken into service.

Latest version should be 55.000.753. You can check your version by going into the infotainment section and drilling down to the screen that has the music database info. Search this forum and you should get exact instructions if you can't find it.
If you don't have the latest then the dealer should update it.

Tech Service bulletin (TSB) is listed in the TSB pinned topic for reference

print it, take it with you ... to a different dealer ;)
(assuming you have one of the vehicle years listed - always helps to edit your profile to show vehicle year)

Thanks for your response. Mine is a 2016. I didnt see anything about the infotainment system but i am on my phone so i might be blind. Will check when i get to a computer

As others have said, try another dealer. Mine says they that I have to be experiencing a problem for them to update it so I made up some bs problem I was experiencing and they updated it

Back